PC World Performance - When does the 6 week time limit start?

powerful_rogue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a toshiba laptop during 2008.

Around 4 months ago it had to be sent away to have a new hard drive installed.

Just after xmas it again had to be sent away to have a new hard drive, and it also had a problem where the screen randomly went black. When this happened you had no option but to turn off and then turn back on. I mentioned this at the time when they were repairing the second hard drive, but when I got the laptop back it still had the same issue with the screen going off.

I phoned up a week later and explained the problem regarding the screen was still present, and was told to re-install the recovery CD. I did this and still had the same problem. They couldnt collect for about 5 days, so was eventually collected on the 25th January.

Ive phoned up every week and just get told "Its in the workshop with an engineer" - No eta on when its expected back.

Ive read around that if they cannot repair within 6 weeks, they will issue vouchers for a replacement. At the moment, I just want a laptop. Recently its been away more then ive had chance to use it!

This is the 3rd time within 6 months its been back to their workshop! I was just wondering when the 6 week deadline started. Would it include when I mentioned the black screen when they collected it to replace the 2nd hard drive, or did it start when I phoned back to report I was still having the same problem?

If it only starts when I phoned back to report the problem still occuring, does it count the day I phoned up or the date they collected the laptop?

Sorry for all the questions!

its 28 days from when they get it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I read somehwhere that Curries is 28 days. On the PC Performance page it says

What happens if you cannot fix my product?

If your product is beyond economic repair, or we can't source the necessary parts and do the repair within 6 weeks we'll replace it.

if brought from pc world and its under coverplan its 6 weeks

if brought from currys and under whatever happens its 21 days

if under the first years warrenty its 28 days

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Got the laptop back on Monday, but its come bac with exactly the same fault! Just got off the phone and they are going to write the laptop off and send me a voucher.

Will the voucher be an actual gift voucher to be spent in store, or will it state specfically that its for a laptop?

Looking at getting 2xnetbooks rather then 1 laptop if possible.

no gift

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no gift vouchers to £XXXX to spend in store on anything or their group sell

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

I do have a thread on the board already, but in respect of the 6weeks issue, ours was booked in 6weeks ago and we have not had it returned or offer of a replacement, because they returned it weeks ago to another address, not ours, what's our 6weeks rights there?

Thankyou for reading, sorry if I've gone completely off topic and thread hi-jacked.