what obligation do debtors have to help you out in times of need?

Gruffle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i'm about to enter a very difficult month or so financially, moving from weekly pay to monthly, so effectively i will have to make a weeks wage last bout 6 weeks, with a partner on maternity leave at the minute.

we're just keeping our heads about water with debt etc but will be pretty much screwed without my income.

my question is this, on most letters from banks, credit companies etc it says "contact us if you are unable to make your payment"

if i contact them, for example to tell RBS that i won't be able to make my monthly loan payment, because as much as i enjoy paying them each month, i would much rather spend it in food if need be, will they be understanding or basically tell me its tough ****?

I'm not in a massive amount of debt, owing about £7-8k to various companies, but without any pay i really am going to struggle.

Edited by Gruffle
stupidity

As far as I know I think your employers cannot just start paying you monthly. First payment will be after two weeks, then two weeks, then monthly.

If this is not the case (I am sure someone will put me right:p) then have a word with your Manager or wages dept to see if they can ease you into monthly pay.