One debt but two DCA's

datxman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me, I owe a debt of £26 which I am on a payment plan for, this debt is being recovered by RCS who have just written to me and offered me to pay £14.50 and the debt is finished. However I have another debt collection company who are chasing me for the same amount with the same ref. number.

My question is : are two DCA's allowed to chase the same debt? I have phoned them up and both deny any knowledge of each other and both state that I should pay them. :-| What should I do ????

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

Hi datxman

Below is from the OFT Guidelines

Physical/psycholgical harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors is considered to be oppressive

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

c/ Using more than one debt collection business at the same time resulting in reptitive and/or fraudulent contact by different parties (I like "fraudulent";))

e/ Not informing the debtor when thier case has been passed on to a different debt collector

It doesn't matter that they don't acknowledge each other that's thier problem, as already suggested complain to Trading Standards BUT if it were me I'd write a letter outlining the OFT Guidelines and asking for definantive proof as to who has the right to collect the debt now, send the letter to the company you have been paying cc the second DCA (by name of course) and the OFT/TS

I know my suggestion seems a bit long winded but by sending the same letter to all concerned you bring the OFT/TS into the game at the same time ;)

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=