about to take repo route! no other option!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I left my husband March last year and moved into rented accomodation with my son as my husband refused to leave. The house is mortgaged with the Halifax solely in my name. We both paid half each of mort as I felt guilty for leaving my husband. He tried for a mortgage to buy me out but was not successful as he is a bankrupt. We decided to put house up for sale. Within two days we had a buyer. Which meant we would both come out with 20K after costs, not great but not to be sniffed at! He started to stall sale proceedure then on 15th Sept 2009 I received a B94-1 Notice of an application for a home rights notice which had been granted by the land registry office! That meant I could still sell the house as it was solely in my name but it wouldnt be vacant because husband refusing to leave. A squatter! The buyers are still on hold and are living in rented accomodation. From Oct husband was to take on paying interest only payments until he could raise funds to take on mortgage - meaning I am still completely tied up in the house and unable to move forward with my life. He paid Oct and Nov but then gave his job up! (feel sure he was sacked - who gives there job up in a recession) The mort payments come out of my account by direct debit I paid Dec and he eventually came up with the money in dribs and drabs. Jan payment went out of my account and I have not received a penny from him! So i decided to cancel Feb payment and again to date he hasnt given me a penny. So I ran the Halifax and said I wanted them to take volunteery repossession of my house. They said they couldnt accept as husband would nt leave. So I have told them that I will not pay anymore and that they will have to repossess it. I have sent them a registered letter hoping to prompt them into action. What I am peeved about is the fact that someone can put a claim on a property so easily. I will be blacklisted and incurr debt and he will be rehoused! The Halifax also told me the repossession process will take 45K to 50K out of the pot due to the fact they will have to evict him and it will take several months - is this the case? Whichever way I have no option - I am going to end up with nothing!