They have doubled what i owe!I in just 2 Weeks

Maycaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had 2 letters from these people in 2 days. Do i need to put the account into dispute or something? Or there is no saying how much it will grow to - it has only been 2 weeks!!

I thought i had made all 36 payments but they say not. My statement says i still owe £305.25

My Docs have been looked at and the details on the original agreement are wrong - surely that means they are not able to enforce it. Also it is not signed by them, my copy anyway isn't.

I then got a letter on Thursday telling me that they had added £25 to my account for UnpaidDD/Cheque. Yet they still haven't explained where they got the £305.25 from in the first place, but suppose they are correct just for one minute - a rare chance i know but just suppose -that would take the amount owed to £330.25

But on Saturday i got a Notice of Sum in Arrears and it states - Opening Balance of £315.93 and then " Shortfall for the Purpose of this Notice £602.10" how on earth can this be.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, what do you do to get it sorted? Do i write to them and what should i ask for?

Hi Maycaz, they are quite crafty sometimes, they quote balances and then settlement figures which are two different amounts. The higher is normally the settlement figure as they add in interest that is backdated and charges etc.

I would check your agreement first, see if you can see that 36 payments have been made on your statements and if it has tell them to whistle and that they should write the remaining balance off as a satisfied debt as their direct debit is incorrect.

If not then depends on where you want to go with this, certainly ask for the £25 back, then if you want to go down the invalid agreement path you could try that for refund of all payments, they need to explain the figures though as it doesn't make sense, the only think I can estimate is that they have added a few charges and maybe one payment is missing to get the account balance, the 600 odd is inclusive of backdated interest. If the loan was taken out in January they might not have taken the first payment until February

Have they sent you a settlement figure?

the statements they have sent me didn't start until the middle of 2008 so i can't see when they have the first payment as being and i have contacted my bank and they don't have an electronic record i would have to make a written request for the information - but surely Welcome should have it.

I have never missed a single payment on this loan and cancelled my direct debit only when i was convinced that i had made the 36 payments.

The figure on the agreement are out - only slightly but they are incorrect and that has been double checked. If i owe something i will pay it but i have been ripped off enough by these guys with PPI and a massive interest rate - i am not being taken for a mug by them again.

I think i should contact them by letter to request that they put in writting exactly what they have done to my account and i will also inform them if their figures do not make sense i will consider taking further action. Perhaps then i can drop the fact that the agreement is not signed on them.

They sent me a settlement figure - apparently they sent the me a written request for it but i have never written to them! Not sure what it was for but i will find out and post the details later.But is certainly was not for over 600 pounds!

What do you think?

Maycaz, delete the account number in case nosey parkers from Welcome have a look!

Looks like major cock up to me, clearly the settlement figure at end of last month was loads lower like you said before, if they have mis calculated the payments then possibly why they showed small amounts owing but to me that looks like for all intents and purposes that should be that.

I would write saying that you want this resolved quickly,

Why send an unrequested settlement figure?

Why has the settlement amount jumped to virtually ten time the amount owed in 2 weeks.

Where have they got the figures from for the £70 odd £300 odd and £600 odd and why issue you a default?

Also why charge you £25 for a direct debit that should no longer be claimed?

Bunch of clowns!

meant to say the settlement letter arrived 1 day after the DD would have normally gone and when the agreement was reviewed it was wrong by the amount they are trying to claim in settlement. They got their figures wrong but they want me to pay for their mistake.

if they said i had just the one payment that they suppose is missing and can prove it i'll pay it but to be honest i am beginning to get naffed off with it all.

written to them today -didn't mince my words but let them know that i'm not messing about. told them i know that the figures on the docs are wrong and that my docs are not signed. asked them to explain themselves and informed them i will be taking further advice on where i stand.

just have to wait to see what they say. Fingers crossed