HSBC paid out

MTC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, after hearing about 'Battle The Banks' on GMTV with Martin Lewis, decided to look into my bank charges with HSBC as I hadn't really a clue what had been taken out in charges over the years but knew there had been a few.

I took the time to read all your good advice and follow the specific instructions laid out by you.

Sent the letter from the library section requesting 6 years of statements and a cheque for £10 by recorded delivery.

The cheque was returned to me immediately with a pleasent letter asking for my patience whilst getting the statements to me.

The statements all arrived within 2 weeks and to my amazement the charges amounted to £1923.50! all made up of 'card misuse' DD recalls and ,total charges'.

On July 28th I sent the next letter by recorded delivery requesting refund of these charges allowing them 14 days to comply.

On Thursday August 17th the letter arrived....the said ' For commercial reasons alone and without any admission of liability whatsoever they were prepared to make a payment of £1630.00 !!!!!!

I was prepared to accept this as and frankly am amazed that it all went so smoothly, there was no mention of closing my account which would have been a real concern for me and I am absolutely delighted at the result although I realise that they are only returning MY MONEY.

Your site has been an incredible help to me, especially hearing of other peoples experiences and I have passed the information on to others around me.

Thank you so much for your help.

RESULT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, after hearing about 'Battle The Banks' on GMTV with Martin Lewis, decided to look into my bank charges with HSBC as I hadn't really a clue what had been taken out in charges over the years but knew there had been a few.

I took the time to read all your good advice and follow the specific instructions laid out by you.

Sent the letter from the library section requesting 6 years of statements and a cheque for £10 by recorded delivery.

The cheque was returned to me immediately with a pleasent letter asking for my patience whilst getting the statements to me.

The statements all arrived within 2 weeks and to my amazement the charges amounted to £1923.50! all made up of 'card misuse' DD recalls and ,total charges'.

On July 28th I sent the next letter by recorded delivery requesting refund of these charges allowing them 14 days to comply.

On Thursday August 17th the letter arrived....the said ' For commercial reasons alone and without any admission of liability whatsoever they were prepared to make a payment of £1630.00 !!!!!!

I was prepared to accept this as and frankly am amazed that it all went so smoothly, there was no mention of closing my account which would have been a real concern for me and I am absolutely delighted at the result although I realise that they are only returning MY MONEY.

Your site has been an incredible help to me, especially hearing of other peoples experiences and I have passed the information on to others around me.

Thank you so much for your help.

RESULT!!!!!!!!!!

hi just wondering what you did? i send i letter with all the charges and the 14th day was up last week on th 18th, and i still havnt hurd anything, please can you help me thanks

Glad to hear of your success with HSBC. I'm currently reclaiming charges from them. I've sent the first and second letters but had no reply although statements were supplied, albeit with loads of missing pages! I'm about to send them a letter before action so watch this space to see what happens. Like you, I think this website is amazing and would never have thought to reclaim the money had I not had the support and assistance from here. Here's hoping!

Kelly Pendlebury

and

Neil Russell

Polite request - please can you both start your own threads, that way it is easier for others to help you with any questions relating to your personal claim(s). Posts made in inappropriate places get lost and overlooked and in some cases go unanswered. Start your own thread and post questions, log your progress and gain support there.

Regards, OD

hi just wondering what you did? i send i letter with all the charges and the 14th day was up last week on th 18th, and i still havnt hur

d anything, please can you help me thanks

Hi Kelly,

I simply followed the advice of the site and sent the 'letter before action' with the spreadsheet of all the charges, I did not add the interest but stated that I would do so if it went to small claims. From the actual day the letter was posted it was 20 days before I received letter back.

I really thought I would have to take further action so was delighted when letter arrived.

Stand firm as it just goes to show they are in the wrong as why pay out to one person and not the other? and to be honest I have not had anything in my account for a while as I am between jobs, so I am hardly a 'valued customer'.

Good Luck.

Hello

Congrtualtions! I have not been so lucky with HSBC. They are refusing to refund me on the grounds that the OFT ruling only applies to credit cards! I would be really grateful if you could tell me which letter you used, and to which HSBC contact you sent it? I'm not giving up as they awe me a grand!!

Hi,

The letter I used was 'Letter before action' the template was in the library section.

I sent it to my branch manager at HSBC and he obviously forwarded it on to head office.

The letter sent back to me came from the Service quality team, Arlington Business centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds LS11OPP.

The money returned was from my current account made up of DD recall charges, missue of card charges and total charges taken from this account over 6 years.

So don't know what their talking about 'only applies to credit cards'.

My only advice is to follow strict instructions on site.

Good luck

That's great! Good for you. i'm in the process of going through my statements received, but am being charges £10.00 per statement anything older than a year with abbey national this can't be right can it?

Well done you! this site has really helped me too, as i would have never of had the confidence to take them on alone.

Thanks.

Clare:)

1. Abbey National Requested Statements 04/Aug/2006

2. Abbey National One years statements received 16/Aug/2006

3. Pam Speed Replied with Data Protection letter fob off-15/Aug/2006 -all archived onto microfiche, which is not covered under Data Protection Act. So I must pay 10.00 per month for copies of statements past 40 day period.

4. Apology letter received 26/Sep/2006 Grant Allman Mircofiche records not held under filing system, not covered by Data Protection Act, so therefore will not be provided to me under the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Fee is £10 per account per month

5. Letter -current investigating under way and will be back in contact in 4 weeks, letter received 27/Sep/2006