SONY PS3 warranty worry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sons Ps3 stopped working so phoned Sony they were so helpful I couldn't believe it they arranged to pick the ps3 up fix it or replace it they wouldbe in touch.

They called 3 days later said the warrantywas void as the sticker had been removed so I can either have the console sent back or pay £131.00 for a reconditioned one. I think this is ridiculous is there anything I can do as I can't afford to replace it. Thanks

I didn't realise that it had been but Sony say it has. It was new. Thing is I phoned Sony and it had run out of warranty the month before the adviser told me, but they would fix it for free as a goodwill gesture. Now they are saying the warranty is void as the sticker has been tampered with. So really the sticker being removed to void the warranty shouldn't matter as it had run out anyway. My son is so upset now after thinking it would be fixed to now maybe not having one at all.

If memory serves me correctly the sticker says warranty void if removed. Being tampered with suggests it may have been damaged through friction or when you unpacked/packed the console.

At this stage be nice to them, point out that they can tell the console has never been opened by looking at the screws etc.

You don't mention what the fault is....

The disc part just won't play anything apparently it's called the " blu flu" I have just been on hold to Sony fir 21 minutes waiting for anyone to answer my call , it's driving me mad. As I said the warranty had just run out so wether the sticker was on or not it shouldn't matter should it? It has never had a fault before never been opened or touched inside I mean my son is 11 years old.