iQor Recovery Services Ltd - Please can you HELP!!!

Ruman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not heard from iQor Recovery Services Ltd since the first letter they have sent to me and also I have not sent any letter back to them yet...

I had been victimised by a fraud on eBay for selling my phone - PayPal are aware of this type of fraud and I was not. 'Chargeback Scheme':-x

Summary of Events :|

I wanted to sell my Nokia N97. I put it on bid at eBay. £400.54

I called PayPal and specifically asked if there were any way that once the guy buys my phone that he could take the money back. PayPal said no. I told them where I will ship it, they said its fine, so based on what they said I only preceded with dispatching my phone with the DHL Courier. I had to get some clarifications from HM Customs as I heard some problems with delivery imports...bla,bla about deliveries to the destination so it took an extra day to sort out and clarified, confirmed ok to ship with DHL.

The guy (buyer - fraudster ****) wanted to back out after the he won the bid because I took a little long to dispatch the phone so he said he don’t want to buy it anymore so I quickly replied and said I will ship it and provide the Courier Tracker asap.:confused:

Suddenly PayPal contacted me regarding a 'chargeback' (didn’t know the scheme at the time) and said that since this is a legit buy from eBay (I had email proof on eBay from Buyer) they told that it would be ok and that they would fight my case, I said that I will post goods now so they told me to give them the courier details. I have dispatched the phone and provided DHL Tracking No.

I told PayPal that I will be away for 10 days and not to do any transactions on my account or pay back the money - at least until I get back to access my mail from my break. Now PayPal tell me that they gave the money back some time ago (a couple days back and closed case) and that I need to pay them money as PayPal had paid the guy out of their pockets and want reimbursement from me!? £400.54:eek:

So I had emailed PayPal dispute, PayPal Chargebacks Case Workers, escalated to senior in PayPal...I think...(so I had been told) and they are not interested and want their money back that I do not feel that I should pay because of their misinformed workers, PayPal had ill-advised me and some prick on eBay ripped me off, I have sent my phone and PayPal say that I owe them £400.54, so who is gona get my phone? PayPal don’t care and not interested. Also because I sent it to a different address to the buyers address, I am not covered as per there ever changing terms and conditions.:x

As mentioned on the letter by iQor Recovery Services Ltd, they want to recover the money and will take this further legally.

Thanks a lot for your time, any suggestions, help, assistance would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks & Kind regards

Ruman Uddin

:idea:

Hi

Just giving your post a little nudge as this case is way beyond my skill level

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I got chargedbacked a year or so ago by an a*sehole fraudster. Paypal refunded him the money out of there pockets and demanded I pay them back. I didnt pay them back a penny and I never will. I was defrauded and if they want to give the fraudster money then thats their call.

I got calls from a DCA (I forget the name) demanding I pay this back but I started by telling them its not happening and they are wasting there time. They gave me the usual bulls**t about court, CCJ and bailiffs but my position remained the same, I wasnt going to give them a penny. Eventually I ended up taking the call and saying 'Ill just get ashmk, hang on a sec' then leaving them on the line untill they get bored and hungup.

The letters and calls were frequent for the first month or so then the penny dropped that they were wasting their time and I havent heard from them in quite some time.

My point is its all hot air from this DCA. Just continue to ignor the letters and waste their telephone time and eventually they will get the message.

When they send a real threat then post it but untill then remember its all 'MAY take you to court' and MAY means nothing.

The downside is you will need to make a new Paypal account if you ever decide they are worth it. personally I think of paypal as a gaping hole in your bank account security and wouldnt use it again if they paid me.

Edited by ashmk

First letter received frpm iqor on 29/10/09 - it said that it may take court action tp recover the debt.

2nd letter received on 05/12/09 - I have 72 hous to pay up, if we do not hear from you we assume that you have no intention to pay and may consider instigating court action.

04/01/10 - letter from solicitors saying that if i do not make full payment or call and arrnge a prposal of payment than it is likely that iqor will ask the solicitor to commence lagal proceeding against you.

what can i do now - what has happened is not right and now I have to worry asbout paying of money I do not belive that i owe. Do i write a letter to Iqor? ive seen a lot of stuff on this ite reg. cca and so on but i do not know how to go on with this. Paypal paid a fraudster with their money, I got my money from buyer, it is clear that he is a frudster, but im getting srewed. please help.

Thank you ashmk

Honestly mate, theres so many stories of this on this forum and Im yet to see a single debt collector or paypal take action.

Untill a court summons land on your door mat (Very unlikely) then I would just continue to ignor the letters and if they call you just waste there time.

If you do get another letter and you need advice just come back and post the details and we will be happy to help but honestly what your recieving is just the standared threat crap designed to scare you into paying.

ashMk is talking from personal experience so I would go with his/her advice.

I agree that to ignore is the best bet unless court papers appear.

You would be surprised to know that 99.9% of threat letters that appear on the forum state "may""might""could". Very few actually say "will".

These letters are written by experts in psychological harassment and are designed to do just that and it's worked with you. Take a step back and read them again and you will see that they are just threats, not promises.

Consider this. If Paypal thought they had a case, why would they get an external debt collector to chase you?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks for that, well no futher stuff received, I dont think they have my phone no. or they most like would have called as I have been seeing a lot on this site from others dealing with iqor.

FYI - The solicotr letter I got is from GeoffreyParkerBourne. I have read a few other iqor related victims but not seen anyone say that they got a letter from a solicitor but only hassle from iqor. should i be worried?

I have not written or called both iqor or the gbp solicor...should i?

Thank you again for your time and patience & advice.

Regards

GPB is a familiar name on the forums and (I believe) he is a DCA's pet solicitor. They say "jump", he says "how high"

If you really feel the need to bait them, here is a link to some template letters. My favourite is letter 18

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

If you do write to them, do it recorded delivery and don't sign your name, just print it

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

need help. got another letter fromgbp solicitor, letter dated 02/02/2010. got letter only on 08/02/2010.

I have to respond within seven days of the date of letter otherwise a county court claim may be issued without further notice. apparently i need to call them now to discus repayment. if i fail to respond than and they do obtain judgement against me it wil afect my status and also might send balifs...etc.

what can i do now...please can u help.

thanks guys

Guest Cartaphilus

Yep, PAYPAL chargebacks. Ouch!

may be issued without further notice.

Only quickly read through this but with reference to the above, they may go for a CCJ. I keep seeing these abominable people - Iqor - a lot lately. I say 'abominable' because reminds me of 'Igor'. Hang fire, wait for some of the others with experience of Iqor to help. From what I can see, that's a general threat letter. It contains all the usual hallmarks of one. What these letters always fail to miss out is all the inbetween bits eg what your basic rights are. All of them do. One thing all of these letters also miss out that if - IF - they went for a CCJ you are thoroughly entitled to defend it. That's the part all these letters miss out, it frightens people more that way.

I also agree with Ashmk, their experience very much mirrors mine but also PAYPAL, via their lapdogs are highly unlikely to go to court. If they could, they would have done so ages ago. If you have a quick google for similar situations to yours, you will find mostly all are ongoing, some for up to a year without anything happening.

CCA won't really do any good in this situation (though I did spot a site earlier looking for Iqor cases that mentioned it would and directed people here; though the part about breaking the law after 30 days is no longer valid now, it's 12+2 days but credit agreements don't apply to PAYPAL) I am afraid but, suppose you could argue it may slow up anything whilst Iqor figures out what a CCA request is and whether it applies to this type of account/situation (in other words you could let them figure that out not do it for them).

Would also seem Paypal/Ebay (because Ebay owns PAYPAL now) have moved on from their usual lapdogs - Intrum Justitia - and are using this dubious firm Iqor. Sure I read there was some doubt about Iqor having a current credit licence as well on another Ebay thread over the weekend here. Someone was checking on it.

But the letter you've had is the normal threat one (threatogram I've heard them called before now) to panic you into phoning them.

Please, I know these letters are very frightening - and I've seen enough to make confetti from over a while now - but this can be dealt with with help from those already helping you in here.

hey told that it would be ok and that they would fight my case, I said that I w
Yep, heard that from them before. They don't, Ebay/PAYPAL remains neutral (allegedly) in disputes between buyer and seller. Yet everything I've seen, experienced and read states the exact opposite when people are victims.

If if went any further (which is doubtful) your defense could be as Ashmk has mentioned:

I was defrauded and if they want to give the fraudster money then thats their call.

In other words PAYPAL acted against your financial interests and awarded in favour of a fraudster. Certainly, they did nothing to protect you. Now, how would that look in court?

Oh, erm, little late now but if that's your real name bottom of your first post, I'd really remove it to be safe.

Edited by Cartaphilus

hi guys,

need help. got another letter fromgbp solicitor, letter dated 02/02/2010. got letter only on 08/02/2010.

I have to respond within seven days of the date of letter otherwise a county court claim may be issued without further notice. apparently i need to call them now to discus repayment. if i fail to respond than and they do obtain judgement against me it wil afect my status and also might send balifs...etc.

what can i do now...please can u help.

thanks guys

To obtain judgement they have to issue court proceedings against you, to get bailiffs involved they have to issue court proceedings against you, get a judgement against you, you not pay the judgement and then and only then will a sniff of Bailiff be in the air.

These letters are designed to get you to panic. They are having the desired effect. I speak from experience. Nothing happened to me and im pretty confident nothing will happen to you.

Continue to ignor ALL lettes to do with this paypal case unless its a court document then come back and one of the court experts will help you but court is a very slim chance, close to 0%.

Hey Guys,

Just got some advise on this forum by 'uncle tony' told me to get in touch with FO and to fil out a complaint for them to contact paypal for investigation and also told me to call iQor and tell them that FO are now involved and that they will be investigating paypal and also for them not to take any action until FO has made a ruling.

From what I have read about uncle tony he has similar situation to myn, he got the case resolved by FO.

Apperantly when I fill in the form i need to sign it and give back to them.

What do u guys make of this?

Thanks Guys

Guest Cartaphilus

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/22453

BTW, you can also phone FOS (don't use the more expensive number, don't have any to hand right now, but there are two) and make the complaint that way or complete the online form on their site.

I have found more Iqor things which may contain other useful information:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=28602427

http://www.marketovert.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/241010-iqor-debt-collection-agency.html

However, contact FOS, see if they can help.

Edited by Cartaphilus

• 4 weeks later...

i was in same boat charge back on a laptop £600 still get odd calls and letters but def no court nearly 5 years ago this happend now.

also i belive with paypal there is no credit agrement so if they took it to court i very much doubt they would win for paying back a fraudster out the goodness of there hearts.

you have plenty of proof of fraud and paypal allowed it.

What is happening to you is happening to me,some one managed to break into my ebay account and sold £2917 worth of stuff to ebayers up and down the country.These peaple payed there money and got nothing in return.They complained to paypal who without checking anything payed them all back as what happens in these cases.They did not even check to see if the money had gone into my paypal account from this fraud,it had not.It went into the [problematic].Of course then what happened was there computor throws up my name and without checking my account duly put it into the hands of iqor.I got a soliciter to send them a letter(£175 so do not do it)and heard nothing from them,then 4 months later i got a letter demanding £2917 from EOS solutions.I have had 2 letters in the last 18 days.If iqor have given up then thay all will.I have not or will not be getting in touch with these creatures.We all see this as a laugh now because we have experienced it first hand and so will you.Do not get overly concerned and do not get in touch with them.By the way to show you how perseverant these type of peaple are i had a parking ticket which involved 8 debt collection companies over a period of 2 years (great fun), none got my hard earned money.

Edited by paulok123

thanks for the info, got one call and also a text from eos solutoons...the nerve they have assuming collection without background, if eos want to be in league to take money from me with paypal and iqor they can all come and have a dance and tea party at court because there is no way in hell i will pay hard earned cash for paypals blunder... fools.

I have also had an expert opinion from legal department, someone i know that works in xxxbank and they told me paypal can not validate them selves in court...

Anyways still waiting to hear from FOS...the mail seems to have gone astray n just gave them the tracking details...

This whole thing is really starting to **** me off now because so much effort required from a victim...

thanks all... update u all soon

ciao

• 4 months later...

I had problems with Paypal a few years ago, according to them I owed them £400.

Had a few threats through the post and I just ignored them. It's all talk in my experience.

Be very careful if you set up another Paypal account though. They have a very good system at linking accounts and they'll shut them all down if they spot you.

Best thing is never to use them again, which I appreciate is a problem with Ebay.

• 3 months later...

Hey there guys.

I have a similar case to this but it was more to do with Unfair Bank Charges with Halifax. So far I have had dealings with Robinson Way, iQor, gpb (who i'm up to now) and various other so called "Debt Recovery / Debt Collection" agencies which names escape me. At the current moment in time I received a letter from gpb threatening to place a CCJ on me (The letter says MAY not WILL) but I'm just letting it tick over and over and over until I see some REAL COURT ACTION which Halifax will therefore be told they're NOT getting their money as I'm not in the financial situation to pay them, nor will I be as it wasn't my fault they placed the charges upon me.

A company took out money from my Bank at the time two days before I was due to get paid there was enough in the account but an oversea's charge tipped it over the edge by £1 Halifax then sent out various letters to myself threatening me asking for money and it was only until I logged into my account and looked over my statement that I seen charges ranging from £10 right up to £70 unfair much? I think so. Anyway it has been over a year now and still I haven't seen any court summons on my door yet, nor bailiffs.

I must admit, I do get scared when I see these letters; because I don't really read them much I just look at the bold bits, the money owed and just discard the letter (not throw it in the bin just put it somewhere else) I have over 100 letters from these companies threatening and none are taking any action yet. I wish they would though because I'd be better off talking to the Judge face to face telling him to make me Bankrupt instead of putting a CCJ on my a**.

Anyway, yeah; as loads of people have previously stated... Don't listen to the letters; they're there to threaten you and try and weaken you into paying up. You pay them, you get royally screwed because they'll end up asking for rmore and more and more. Just like Halifax has done with me. (Yes I paid them some of the money ages ago but not alot).

Another tip, NEVER make an arrangement with them. FOB THEM OFF. That's what i'm going to do if they call me again.... Just say "Hang on a minute, I need to get a pen and paper" then just start playing some REALLY HEAVY METAL! down the phone at them and they'll soon hang up. :)