Advent Computer Training (Hitachi Capital Finance) Discussions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, along with everyone else, it would seem, looking at the Barclays topic relating to Advent's difficulties.

Dear ****,

Ian Gould and Brian Hamblin of PKF (UK) LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company on 17 February 2010. Attached to this e-mail is a formal notification of their appointmentand details of where you can obtain further information.

If, for any reason, you are unable to open the attachments, please visit www.pkf.co.uk/advent where the information can be downloaded, or, send an e-mail to [email protected], confirming your postal address, so that a copy can be sent to you.

Yours faithfully

Ian Gould and Brian Hamblin

Joint Administrators

I wonder who would be interested in buying Advent's business!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys,

been at free legal advice, and got to say they've got no clue what they r talking about(lady told me that creditor on my HCF contract is Advent ?!?), so save your time, coz i spend 3.5 h queuing and do a proper research on internet, or if you've got to some money go to solicitor, the best help so far were consumer advice, and this forum,

thx

Ive just spoke to hitachi capital and they are refusing to freeze accounts - or mine at least and they say they cannot do it for anyone. As I assume we will almost certainly all get a letter on roughly the same day it may be worth as all stating roughly when we expect the 4 weeks to elapse as this will be when we get the letters if they do send out blanket responses.

I made contact originally on 4th February and have advised them that I expect the initial 4 week response by 4th March - anyone earlier than this ?

Looking back at all of this and all the hassle gone through as of late i can honestly say i do hope (for myself) that no one buys Advent and instead we all get our money back as truth be told my confidence in this distance learning has been shot to hell and i would much rather use the cash to pay for my own course materials and exams.

Not surprised if no one else agrees with me its just personally how i feel regarding this whole situation.

I have been reading on some of the Barclays forums that they have been able to freeze their accounts until something has been sorted, does anyone think we would have a chance at being able to do this with Hitachi?

Yes they have but had to 'push' very hard to get it..

Hitachi are in exactly the same position, but account holders do not seem to have had the same success. Possibly Hitachi have just decided to tough it out and see if they get sued.

David

i sent them a letter requesting that they should freeze my account with interest immediately almost two weeks ago.

I waited for them to respond to me but never heard anything back so i called them up and spoke to merchandise complaints in HCF. They told me that they had received the letter and were in the process of replying which would take 4 weeks. However they confirmed that the request has been actioned and that the account had been frozen.

The cheeky thing is they never told me until i asked and said that they would still take payments until i cancelled the DD.

I hope this helped.

The cheeky thing is they never told me until i asked and said that they would still take payments until i cancelled the DD.

So it's frozen but they were still going to take the debit???

Have you cancelled the D/D?

David

So it's frozen but they were still going to take the debit???

Have you cancelled the D/D?

David

I spoke to them last week to follow up my letter to freeze the account, and a young guy on the phone told me i could cancel my direct debit. I challenged him and said that i would get penalised if i did. Obviously he did not know alot, to actually tell me to cancel the d/d. I asked to be transferred to the accounts department to get more information, and the lady said that I would be penalised if I cancel.

All I say is careful who you speak to when your asking for information, because if the youmg guy is advising you to cancel d/d he may not know what the implications are. He is just going through the motions.

Hi every1 just spoke to hc. And was fobbed off wiv the old line no1 has had their accounts frozen!!!! However she did say that ppl that had cancelled their D/D would have their account flagged and no adverse data be put on their credit file. I bet this is what they want tho as this puts us in breach of our contracts.:mad:

I think they're just tying themselves up in knots! I'm gonna keep hassling them a few times a day. Just gonna make myself a real nuisance! She said they hope the situation is resolved within 10 days I said the only resolution I will accept is a refund. I do not have any intention of training with any1 else

Hi willy i've just spoken to them a second ago to confirm my account status and she said the same thing, meaning i was mislead into thinking that my account was stopped (hence the re-confirmation). From the conversation they said they are accounts will be looked at on an individual basis, so i guess each individual request will be taken into consideration as everyone is at different stages in their course.

I did request a refund as well but didn't get a yay or nay just that the account will be looked at individually.

Mannix,

Dont want you to give out to much info but could you give your last name or account number for us to quote as an example ? im awaiting a call from Jeanette Freeman today regarding freezing of account as I was told no by a phone monkey last night with no reasoning.

My account is not frozen unfortunately however i can stop my dd with no affect on the account.

However once a resolution has been put in place they will request that you bring your account upto date. So better not cancel and just wait 10 days i guess.

Hi mannix are u still not going to entertain the offer of a new training provider? I've spoke to trading standards and various others and they said in no uncertain terms we are well within our rights as there has been a breach of contract!