Advent Computer Training (Hitachi Capital Finance) Discussions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am interested to know the reson why people who have been studying with advent for 1-2 years already are looking to claim the whole sum of the loan back and not just part, is this what we are intitled to?

You signed up to complete a course with a qualification at the end of it.

If you cannot do that, the following should happen:

1/ The agreement is cancelled so that you no longer owe money to BPF.

2/ BPF should refund the payments that you have already made to them

against the agreement.

Hi all,

sorry have gone a bit quiet i am checking everyones progress on a regular basis and with a great deal of interest. i only got around to sending my letter yesterday so its interesting to see what kind of responses everyone is getting.

i am interested to know the reson why people who have been studying with advent for 1-2 years already are looking to claim the whole sum of the loan back and not just part, is this what we are intitled to?

sorry if this is a really silly question but i dont really fully uinderstand it all.

I'd like to claim the amount back i've already paid already. This is about £3000, I'd like to do this because i feel the course was second rate. The first book i recieved seemed to be a carbon copy of wikipedia, and the second was just a copy of Mike Meyers. I could have bought these much cheaper online.

The pre-mock tests i took, there were three of them. Some of the questions had no bearing on what i had read and studied, so each time i came up short of the mark, never able to qualify for the "real mock" exam.

It may sound a bit cynical, but maybe Advent didn't want us to progress too soon!

I have a reasonable education, so I feel I should be futher on than the A+ Essentials by now! In some ways it draws a line under the last 21 months, and I feel now maybe I can forget this episode and acheive what I set out to do when I signed up for Advent.

After reading other threads I believe there's alot to be said for self study, and I am seriously considering this.

Thanks David for the advice and letter to have accounts frozen. It's certainly the way forward.

Hello all,

I see eveything on this thread has gone rather quiet so thought I would pose the question of has anyone heard anything as of late or like me are we all just playing the waiting game after the initial letters we received?

Hope to hear some good news!

Hi Guys.

New to the site. Have been checking regularly to see on how other people are progressing with their contact with Hitachi.

I sent a letter requesting a refund and the account be frozen, and recieved a template letter saying they were looking at options. I sent another letter back clarifying the account be frozen request. Still waiting for a response on this.

I was initially in contact with Hitachi by email which were answered quite quickly but interestingly my most recent email asking for an update on progress has been ignored

Administrators for:

Advent Computer Training Ltd - Company No 04511374.

(prev name was Advent consulting Ltd)

Access 2 Careers Ltd Company No 05260747

(prev name was Anglo Capital Ltd)

have now been appointed.

They are:

PKF Accountants

New Guild House

45 Great Charles St

Queensway

Birmingham

B3 2LX

They have a dedicated number for Advent/Access - 0844 770 1921

E-mail: adventcomputertraining@uk pkf.com

David

Hi every1 new to this site! i only found out about this situation on thursday. been on holiday for 2 weeks. nearly had a heart attack when i saw the email. with regards to the administrators being appointed what sort of time frame are we looking at in terms of freezing further payments, and being refunded under the terms of the cca? has any1 spoke to the administrators yet? i like the majority on here am disgusted about the quality of the service provided my Advent all the way through the course and also with the manner in which they notified us!

kind regards

Will :mad:

Hi Guys.

New to the site. Have been checking regularly to see on how other people are progressing with their contact with Hitachi.

I sent a letter requesting a refund and the account be frozen, and recieved a template letter saying they were looking at options. I sent another letter back clarifying the account be frozen request. Still waiting for a response on this.

I was initially in contact with Hitachi by email which were answered quite quickly but interestingly my most recent email asking for an update on progress has been ignored

I've sent another couple of letters off to Hitachi, one to request my account to be frozen, and another stating the 30 day default clause, in Advent's consulting contract.

I am glad that someone has noticed this clause, because I feel that I am running out of time. My enrolment form states that I have signed up for two years, finishing on the 24 March 2010, yet I have another year to pay. Does anyone know where I stand under thse circumstances, because like alot of students I really have'nt had my money's worth.

hi all,

i've been even more surprised than you, i didn't check my email(spam) and went to kidderminster on the 18th of feb. just to see note on the doors.

today first thing i went to CAB, not much help :(, guy told me "it's not the credit card agreement, it's loan therefore S75 does not apply, and only way to get money back is from administrators, and i've got to keep paying for training, if they don't sort it out with HCF.

I've sent another couple of letters off to Hitachi, one to request my account to be frozen, and another stating the 30 day default clause, in Advent's consulting contract.

I am glad that someone has noticed this clause, because I feel that I am running out of time. My enrolment form states that I have signed up for two years, finishing on the 24 March 2010, yet I have another year to pay. Does anyone know where I stand under thse circumstances, because like alot of students I really have'nt had my money's worth.

I wouldnt have thought this fact would matter, i am also running to near the end of my contract, however, at all stages was i told that the two years did not matter and as such i took longer than i should as Advent always push you to pass first time (saves them money) I was told, as were many other students that they would continue to support after the two year period and I was never given any reasoning to think this would not be the case. Also its not just the material you pay for but I was told that a) they guaranteed that they would find me a relevant job upon completion and I would also have access to the careers service well beyond when I had finally passed - 2 promises they cannot now keep. One student I know was also told by Advent that as he was going to university and was not going to continue much of his full qualification until summer holidays or end of 3rd term this would not affect his right to the materials.

hi all,

i've been even more surprised than you, i didn't check my email(spam) and went to kidderminster on the 18th of feb. just to see note on the doors.

today first thing i went to CAB, not much help :(, guy told me "it's not the credit card agreement, it's loan therefore S75 does not apply, and only way to get money back is from administrators, and i've got to keep paying for training, if they don't sort it out with HCF.

Do you still have your agreement with Hitachi ? Just above the signature ot should say your rights under the consumer credit act 1974. If this is the case then the CAB have advised you wrong or misunderstood as it is not a private loan rather a credit agreement and stipulates that the creditor is as liable as the training provider.

The following may possibly help some of you, or offer ideas.

With the evidence that Advent signed my daughter to an MSCE course who could hardly send an email (so no pre-assessment was carried out) and therefore miss-sold the course, I decided to tackle this for her.

Advents intentions were to make large financial gains at the expense of my daughter. The interveiwer completed an on-line application without her permission.

She was subjected to very professional and heavy selling techniques.

She has since lost all confidence.

Hitachi Capital, despite parting with some evidence (not disclosed all) have ignored all my requests, such as details of credit reference agencies they use.

They are now getting heavy, so I have letters prepared for the BBC Watchdog programme, Trading Standards, The Financial Ombudsman, Instutute of IT Training, Microsoft Ltd and the Administrators PKF Accountants which will go off this week.

I have also insisted that they freeze the account (with interest) until matter have been resolved.

We need more of you to complete the petion to HM Gov please.

What disgruntles me is that there was a report that £35M was in their kitty in December 2009. I wonder where Ashley Jones and Andrew Allchurch will pop up next.

The following may possibly help some of you, or offer ideas.

With the evidence that Advent signed my daughter to an MSCE course who could hardly send an email (so no pre-assessment was carried out) and therefore miss-sold the course, I decided to tackle this for her.

Advents intentions were to make large financial gains at the expense of my daughter. The interveiwer completed an on-line application without her permission.

She was subjected to very professional and heavy selling techniques.

She has since lost all confidence.

Hitachi Capital, despite parting with some evidence (not disclosed all) have ignored all my requests, such as details of credit reference agencies they use.

They are now getting heavy, so I have letters prepared for the BBC Watchdog programme, Trading Standards, The Financial Ombudsman, Instutute of IT Training, Microsoft Ltd and the Administrators PKF Accountants which will go off this week.

I have also insisted that they freeze the account (with interest) until matter have been resolved.

We need more of you to complete the petion to HM Gov please.

What disgruntles me is that there was a report that £35M was in their kitty in December 2009. I wonder where Ashley Jones and Andrew Allchurch will pop up next.

Sadly on most of this they cover themselves with section 8.2 of the agreement -

'You acknowledge that in agreeing to provide the services to you we have made no assessment for your suitability to study or your ability to complete the course within the term or to pass any examiniations which form part of the course'

I raised this witht e guy who sold me the course as he had just finished saying that part of the reaon for a 'face to face' before signing up was to assess suitability - I guess I should have had warning bells go off at that stage.

Do you still have your agreement with Hitachi ? Just above the signature ot should say your rights under the consumer credit act 1974. If this is the case then the CAB have advised you wrong or misunderstood as it is not a private loan rather a credit agreement and stipulates that the creditor is as liable as the training provider.

thank you david,

you were right, so they told me in CAB today, and send me for legal advice tomorrow, i'll keep you updated, hopefully i'll find out something more and be able to help not just myself :D

My Daughter’s agreement is with Hitachi Capital and it is a Credit Sale Agreement.

I did inform Hitachi Capital that any attempts at blacklisting through their credit reference agencies would be reported to those organisations as inappropriate as daughter was miss-sold the products and services, plus I would bring these matters to the attention of District Judge if matters went to litigation.

I demanded the details of the credit reference agencies for Hitachi, as follows:

Experian and Call Credit.

They have now suspended the Direct Debit payments and will reverse any detrimental credit information regarding my daughter and are now reviewing complaints. At least we are in an event temperament of communication now.

Hope this helps, Regards David M

Sadly on most of this they cover themselves with section 8.2 of the agreement -

'You acknowledge that in agreeing to provide the services to you we have made no assessment for your suitability to study or your ability to complete the course within the term or to pass any examiniations which form part of the course'

I raised this witht e guy who sold me the course as he had just finished saying that part of the reaon for a 'face to face' before signing up was to assess suitability - I guess I should have had warning bells go off at that stage.

Interesting. It then begs the question, was a proper needs analysis and assessment of prior knowledge provided. I requested copies of this assessment analysis from Advent before their closure announcement. In their reply this information was not supplied, we all know why, because there was none.

For correct assessments of students prior knowledge and skills, a trained professional would have dealt with this correctly and placed that person on the right course for their needs and advancement.

I therefore surmise that the interview staff was not qualified but was in fact a well versed sales person, ready to pounce and close a lucrative sale.

Regards David M

Interesting. It then begs the question, was a proper needs analysis and assessment of prior knowledge provided. I requested copies of this assessment analysis from Advent before their closure announcement. In their reply this information was not supplied, we all know why, because there was none.

For correct assessments of students prior knowledge and skills, a trained professional would have dealt with this correctly and placed that person on the right course for their needs and advancement.

I therefore surmise that the interview staff was not qualified but was in fact a well versed sales person, ready to pounce and close a lucrative sale.

Regards David M

Hi David,

I couldnt say whether the 'assessors' who visit to sign you up are qualified IT professions or not, the man I had around certainly knew a bit about the subject but when I asked him why they sold causes in SQL Server 2005 and not 2008 it stumped him a bit and he made up some rubbish about the european courts not ratifying the use of 2008 as a technology yet - I now know this to be false so can only believe the worst about him.

I've spoken to someone in the accounts department at Hitachi Capital today, and asked if they had recieved my letters, sent by recorded delivery. She said she had, so i asked her if they were going to freeze my account, as Barclays have started doing this. She replied that they are not, on the grounds that it was Barclays that had pulled the plug on Advent, and not them. I explained to her that I must continue my studies and take exams in the meantime, so I needed the cash. She said that I would be recieving a letter from them on the 4th March, concerning the matter, but please access the PFK website for more details. She stated that it was taking a while because there had been no point of contact with the administators of the collapse. They are also in the process of finding a replacement training provider.

She said she had, so i asked her if they were going to freeze my account, as Barclays have started doing this. She replied that they are not, on the grounds that it was Barclays that had pulled the plug on Advent, and not them.

Utter bullsh*t, it matters not one jot who pulled the plug.

David

I've spoken to someone in the accounts department at Hitachi Capital today, and asked if they had recieved my letters, sent by recorded delivery. She said she had, so i asked her if they were going to freeze my account, as Barclays have started doing this. She replied that they are not, on the grounds that it was Barclays that had pulled the plug on Advent, and not them. I explained to her that I must continue my studies and take exams in the meantime, so I needed the cash. She said that I would be recieving a letter from them on the 4th March, concerning the matter, but please access the PFK website for more details. She stated that it was taking a while because there had been no point of contact with the administators of the collapse. They are also in the process of finding a replacement training provider.

They also have no provision to do this, by offering it surely it means they accept liability ? however there was not a clause in Hitachi loans for this as an option so I certainly will not accept.

Hi guys finally got some good news. I've just spoken to HCF on the phone regarding the account freeze (with no interest) and account refund.

If you don't know i sent a letter last week requesting the above however had not received any correspondence so i decided to give them a call. They had received my letter flagged my request (so i can now cancel my DD without fault) however stated that there will be a response in the next 4 weeks via post.

I'd advise to give these guys a call 0113801065 - Merchandise Complaints if you have sent this letter requesting an account freeze.

I have 4 weeks to wait to hear about my refund, they said that they are looking for an alternate provider but i've stated that this is not an option i'm willing to pursue.

good luck all ;)