Advent Computer Training (Hitachi Capital Finance) Discussions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me too!!! I just feel they're taking the p**s in that they are still gonna take our money. The contracts been breached and they are liable. However jeanette freeman told me this morning that hc are not liable (am I Reading the terms of contract wrong????) she said advent don't exsist as a company anymore and they can't be held responsible for that!!!:confused:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that is MEGA BS!! However if they don't come to a satisfactory resolve then it will be moved on to the Financial Ombudsman and legal proceedings. Now imagine if only 25% of the clients took them to court about this that's alot of paper work and bad press that in my eyes no company would like to experience.

Ive just spoken to Jeanette who seems to be managing this isssue at Hitachi. She was actually quite helpful and advised that students would hopefully be getting a full reply within the next 10-14 days and if this is after the 4 week 'initial response' period you will get a holding letter before the 10-14 days.

On the account freeze issue they are not going to take any action against credit scores if we cancel the DDs - they will however be looking at us settling any backward balance occuring if we accept an alternative provider within 10days of this being accepted. I would recommend calling though before you do as she is flagging this on peoples accounts.

All students will be getting an individual response depending on their individual circumstances. I did get the impression that they are trying to go down the road of an alternative provider though as the first option. She did acknowledge that people are in different situations though so this may not be everyones preference.

She advised that this is the information she will be providing for all students if they call.

Hope this helps. I guess we shall see..................

Thanks David for getting my message across a-lot clearer hehe

Hello every body this is the first time that I have been on any kind of forum so please bear with me. I have been reading everyone’s comets on this web site I find them very good I am also in the same boat I was a student with advent through Hitachi finance.I And I am in the same boat as most off you I do not want to go with another trainer I just want a refund why should we go with another trainer if a buyer is found we did not sign up with this new trainer and why should we if a buyer is found. What’s says that they are better or just as good and whats to say they wont go bust just like advent have then we will have to go through all this again. If we have to go to court to get our money back then why not. Perhaps if there is a large group of us then 1 solicitor may be willing to take this on for us and it would work out at a couple of hundred pounds each I would rather pay that then lose the £ 4750 pounds that I am still paying out for let’s hope Hitachi do the right thing and refunds all are money.:rolleyes:

Hello every body this is the first time that I have been on any kind of forum so please bear with me. I have been reading everyone’s comets on this web site I find them very good I am also in the same boat I was a student with advent through Hitachi finance.I And I am in the same boat as most off you I do not want to go with another trainer I just want a refund why should we go with another trainer if a buyer is found we did not sign up with this new trainer and why should we if a buyer is found. What’s says that they are better or just as good and whats to say they wont go bust just like advent have then we will have to go through all this again. If we have to go to court to get our money back then why not. Perhaps if there is a large group of us then 1 solicitor may be willing to take this on for us and it would work out at a couple of hundred pounds each I would rather pay that then lose the £ 4750 pounds that I am still paying out for let’s hope Hitachi do the right thing and refunds all are money.:rolleyes:

I'm there

hi all,

sorry for the quiet spell, i spoke to HC a couple of weeks back now and i was advised not to freeze my account as this would effect my credit rating! looks like they are giving out several different responses depending on who you are speaking to so i would just be careful. her advice to me was that if i was going to get the money back i would get it back and it didnt matter if i carried on paying as it would be back dated.

if we end up having to pay i will then have to find extra money to catch up so i dont see the point in freezing my account anymore especially since the loan is interest free.

on top of this i actually finished my course yeserday paying for my final exam myself so i really dont know where i am going to stand with regards to the finding an alternative trainer as i now dont need one! i got through my last exam without any tutorials and just hard work on my own so this proves it can be done guys!

it just seems to be a bit of a waiting game as far as i can make out, no matter what happens i think we should be compensated somehow for the disruption to our studies.

I think we will all get theses letters say that they are in talks but to be honset with you all i dont care who they are in talks with Advent has gone bust and there is a breach of contract so i want my money back i will not be going with another provider. would like to know what the rest of you think

At the risk of being controversial I think we probably have to be realistic. From reading this thread, the barclays partner finance one and other consumer sites it looks to me as though it would be tough to reject out of hand an alternative provider without good reason or to expect a full refund. I would think most in this thread are in a similar boat to myself and have either completed a lot of the course OR are well in to their 2 years for the course - either way you have accepted the training from Advent as adequate because you never really queried it with them. I think we stand more of a chance at a partial refund if we argue the fact that Advent offered us more than the course they offered careers advice and 'alledged' work placements - this is why I signed with them.

I myself would not accept an alternative provider as I am at a good 'break point' and cannot, because of the stress this has caused, bring myself to restart studying for the exams I was almost ready for so I need a long break before I reassess my options. BUT I do not expect a full refund as I have completed 60% of my course and realise I have to be realistic on what they can offer.

At the risk of being controversial I think we probably have to be realistic. From reading this thread, the barclays partner finance one and other consumer sites it looks to me as though it would be tough to reject out of hand an alternative provider without good reason or to expect a full refund. I would think most in this thread are in a similar boat to myself and have either completed a lot of the course OR are well in to their 2 years for the course - either way you have accepted the training from Advent as adequate because you never really queried it with them. I think we stand more of a chance at a partial refund if we argue the fact that Advent offered us more than the course they offered careers advice and 'alledged' work placements - this is why I signed with them.

I myself would not accept an alternative provider as I am at a good 'break point' and cannot, because of the stress this has caused, bring myself to restart studying for the exams I was almost ready for so I need a long break before I reassess my options. BUT I do not expect a full refund as I have completed 60% of my course and realise I have to be realistic on what they can offer.

I relise that you are over 60% into your course but i have not even sat my frist A+. And after looking back at all this the sales rep made it sound so easy but it is far from it the rep would have told us any ******it to get a sale this course is over priced for what it is. i dont know about you but i will be asking for afull refund and not going to any other trainer again.

I relise that you are over 60% into your course but i have not even sat my frist A+. And after looking back at all this the sales rep made it sound so easy but it is far from it the rep would have told us any ******it to get a sale this course is over priced for what it is. i dont know about you but i will be asking for afull refund and not going to any other trainer again.

I dont blame you or anyone else for wanting 100% of the money back, i just thought i would provide my opinion and what I would accept in relation to your question asking what everyone thinks.

I just hope the next 3 weeks pass quickly so we can all get an answer, at least then we will know where we are and how we all need to proceed.

I did think though, in Jeanettes conversation with me she stated 'everyone would get a letter based on their own personal circumstances' this indicates to me that they will not be offering full refunds, as if they did this it would set a precedent that everyone could use. They will not try to force a training provider on everyone for the same reason.

Also made me wonder if we will all get individual letters because it then makes us all have to argue a seperate case and therefore makes it harder to take collective action ?

Wll be interesting to see if we all get the same final resolution........

I know I have been here before, but my daughter's case is slightly different and may help some of you.

She had little or no prior IT knowledge. Advent promised her a better way of life with great prospects, they signed her up to an MSCE course. This course being way out of her depth very quickly destroyed her confidence.

I am fighting Hitachi on the grounds that Advent knowingly miss-sold a course that was totally inappropriate for her needs, prior knowledge, or capabilities.

No pre-assessment was carried out by the sales person. Without permission the sales lady startled my daughter by entering her personal details into an on-screen credit application. My daughter did say she was concerned at this, but it did not stop the Advents sales lady.

Naive you may say, but these actions are no excuse to how my daughter was abused, for the sake of high cost finance to the benefit of Advent.

Regards David

Yeah saw it last week!! Makes no difference to me I'm not accepting a new provider. If I wanted to be told what to do I'd move back home to my mums. I'm not having some finance company or administrators tell me what I'm doing nxt!

Absolutely agree with you 100 % why should we go with another provider. We singed up with advent and they have gone bust so why Should we go with someone the administrators have found. Thats if they find anybody

Edited by Mazzer 1968
miss line out

Agree with everyone here big time, I went with Advent so there is no way I wish to be forced to go with another provider!

Complete joke if they choose to try and force this upon us. For a start the fact that they are trying to make a 'deal' shows really what is going on, they wish to migrate us to another company which will turn out cheaper for them and they can take a bigger cut of whatever is left. Advent went bust so we should have our money back under the consmer credit act and then have the choice to take our business elsewhere.