Steve v HFC (Beneficial)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New thread same issue

BeneficialCardScheme.jpg

BeneficialCardScheme2.jpg

My CCA Reuest

23rd Nov 2009

NOTICE OF FORMAL REQUST

Dear Sir/Madam

On the 29th October 2009 I sent a letter requesting information regarding the above agreement.

Your reply to my request was totally unsatisfactory in that you failed to supply me with any of the information I asked for therefore. I am now making a formal request pursuant to sections 77/78 of the CCCA 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of any agreement you deem to be mine together with any other documentation the Consumer Credit Act 1974 requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days).

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee and then remove any incorrect entries from your systems.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

As you did not comply with my initial request for information dated 29th Oct 2009 I now consider this matter to be in DISPUTE and you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the agreement, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the agreement.

* may not pass the details of the agreement to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the agreement with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the agreement.

Response to my CCA Request

HFCLetter1of2.jpg

HFCLetter2of2.jpg

Default Notice

HFCDefault1of2.jpg

HFCDefault2of2.jpg

Edited by steve2577

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

In a way you are fooked regarding this one. You sent a CCA application (NOT a bleedin CCCA) on the 23rd November.

YET from the Default Notice they sent you, you kept using the account and even went over the limit.

In my humble opinion (somebody correct me if I am wrong) you CANNOT challenge something but keep on using it as if nothing was wrong!!!!!!!!

Come on!!!!!!!!!

I would go as follows (subject to anybody saying otherwise)

a: A Subject Access Request. Seems you were going over the limits. Might be able to get some money back from PPI and also from unfair charges.

b: go and make a cuppa of tea or coffee or hot chocolate

Default UNLESS sent by recorded mail is invalid and faulty. Default date is 8th January. They say payment by the 25th is payment day.

They should give 14 days from date of service. ONCE AGAIN (and understand this) the dates they give are 17 days. UNLESS they can prove that service was by recorded mail and give the date of service then it is classed as second class post. Second class post according to the rules is 4 days. So UNLESS they can confirm that service was done on xyz date then they are 1 day short and DN is invalid.

As usual, did you send a "agreement in dispute" letter?

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Practice Direction

Service of Documents - First and Second Class Mail.

With effect from 16 April 1985 the Practice Direction issued on 30 July 1968 is hereby revoked and the following is substituted therefore.

1). Under S7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 service by post is deemed to have been effected, unless the contrary has been proved, at the time when the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.

2). To avoid uncertainty as to the date of service it will be taken (subject to proof to the contrary) that delivery in the ordinary course of post was effected:-

(a) in the case of first class mail, on the second working day after posting;

(b) in the case of second class mail, on the fourth working day after posting.

"Working days" are Monday to Friday, excluding any bank holiday.

3). Affidavits of service shall state whether the document was dispatched by first or second class mail. If this information is omitted it will be assumed that second class mail was used.

4). This direction is subject to the special provisions of RSC Order 10, rule 1(3) relating to the service of originating process.

8th March 1985

J R BICKFORD SMITH Senior Master

Queen's Bench Division

CPR rules on service also state the required timescales to be given for serving of documents :-

Under CPR 6.26 First class post (or other service which provides for delivery on the next business day) is deemed to be “served” The second day after it was posted, left with, delivered to or collected by the relevant service provider provided that day is a business day.

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

The letter stating that they couldn't supply a photocopy of your agreement, also states 'Without Prejudice'.

I believe this means that this cannot be used in court.

I am sure someone will confirm this (or not)

But if you have used the card, whilst disputing it, then I don't suppose you would get much sympathy, in court or on here for that matter.

There are many reasons why Caggers want to dispute their CC's or loans and in the majority it would be down to unfair conditions, changes in terms and extortionate rate hikes making it almost impossible to pay the debt off.

Just wondered what your reasons are. :?

In a way you are fooked regarding this one. You sent a CCA application (NOT a bleedin CCCA) on the 23rd November.

YET from the Default Notice they sent you, you kept using the account and even went over the limit.

In my humble opinion (somebody correct me if I am wrong) you CANNOT challenge something but keep on using it as if nothing was wrong!!!!!!!!

Come on!!!!!!!!!

I would go as follows (subject to anybody saying otherwise)

a: A Subject Access Request. Seems you were going over the limits. Might be able to get some money back from PPI and also from unfair charges.

b: go and make a cuppa of tea or coffee or hot chocolate

Default UNLESS sent by recorded mail is invalid and faulty. Default date is 8th January. They say payment by the 25th is payment day.

They should give 14 days from date of service. ONCE AGAIN (and understand this) the dates they give are 17 days. UNLESS they can prove that service was by recorded mail and give the date of service then it is classed as second class post. Second class post according to the rules is 4 days. So UNLESS they can confirm that service was done on xyz date then they are 1 day short and DN is invalid.

As usual, did you send a "agreement in dispute" letter?

Nick didn't use any of the cards at all the interest charges took me over the limits.

Here is my letter dated 23rd Nov

On the 29th October 2009 I sent a letter requesting information regarding the above agreement.

Your reply to my request was totally unsatisfactory in that you failed to supply me with any of the information I asked for therefore. I am now making a formal request pursuant to sections 77/78 of the CCCA 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of any agreement you deem to be mine together with any other documentation the Consumer Credit Act 1974 requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days).

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee and then remove any incorrect entries from your systems.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

As you did not comply with my initial request for information dated 29th Oct 2009 I now consider this matter to be in DISPUTE and you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the agreement, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the agreement.

* may not pass the details of the agreement to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the agreement with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the agreement.

Didnt use the account for years just checked the spending figures they appear to be £12 amounts on the statement as default sums and I suppose they added interest to make it a wierd figure I have all the statement so can break it down. But definateley have not used the card other than for a balance transfer ever.

The letter stating that they couldn't supply a photocopy of your agreement, also states 'Without Prejudice'.

I believe this means that this cannot be used in court. Yes it does UNLESS a Judge specifically asks for it to be made available. Not common but it can happen.

But if you have used the card, whilst disputing it, then I don't suppose you would get much sympathy, in court or on here for that matter. Thank you for agreeing with me.

There are many reasons why Caggers want to dispute their CC's or loans and in the majority it would be down to unfair conditions, changes in terms and extortionate rate hikes making it almost impossible to pay the debt off.

Good comment.

To me the ONLY way out of this one is simply an invalid DN.

On the statements they appear as £12 and as Spending on the account plus any other adjustments.

Couple of late payment fee as well each £12 allocated as spending

Should I itemise all the figures

The interest was about £260 pm.

Steve

Didnt use the account for years just checked the spending figures they appear to be £12 amounts on the statement as default sums and I suppose they added interest to make it a wierd figure I have all the statement so can break it down. But definateley have not used the card other than for a balance transfer ever.

Check the threads relating to Unfair charges applied to credit accounts. Not my line as not really interested in it. (None of my credit cards have any default charges so never bothered reading into that type of argument). Also might be a good read into PPI charges. (Send a pm to Slick 123 about that one).

Anyway............. seems that their DN is invalid and faulty.

I believe this means that this cannot be used in court.

But if you have used the card, whilst disputing it, then I don't suppose you would get much sympathy, in court or on here for that matter.

Avergage interest rate was between 24% and 29% was servicing interest of around £2,800 pm. Lost my job out of work no money.

I foolishly re-mortgaged my house 18 months ago released £100k and paid the CC companies around £90k to try and get into a manageable situation. which meant I then owed approx £100k.

The letter from Capital One increasing the interest broke the camels back.

On the statements they appear as £12 and as Spending on the account plus any other adjustments.

Couple of late payment fee as well each £12 allocated as spending

Should I itemise all the figures

The interest was about £260 pm.

Bleeding spacing! Can you not sort it!!!!!! :D

Steve

I have credit card statements. IF it IS a purchase it will show as a purchase. IF it IS a charge then it shows as a charge.

was servicing interest of around £2,800 pm.

£2,800 pm! Want to buy a cheap shotgun???????? :D:D Heck! IF I had £2,800 a month just interest I would just buy a shotgun cartridge, stick it up me bum and hit the detonator!!!!!!!!!!!!! That amount of interest I would not be able to even afford a hammer to get the cartridge to fire!!!!!!!!!!

Mine too Nick, but no Purchasing any more on mine! Only charges, interest,charges, interest, charges, interest!:)

Yo Dotty! You keep refering to "interest".

Are you single and any chance of a piccie? Wonder why you get so much interest. :D:D:D:D

p.s. Sorry......... Mad sense of humour which you do need in life. ;)

OK found the

on the Jan Statement the amount owed as previous was £13k

Spending on your account plus any adjustments £12

Interest which took the Balance to £13k +£12+ £interest

I can go through the other statements but I know I have not used the card ever other than a balance transfer maybe 12 months ago.

I can only find my last payment slip for Aug £309.55 when I owed £12,909.55 I think I might have stopped pay after this but need to check.

Edited by steve2577

I will scan the stements so you can check but dont forget it's not one of the main players HFC used to be Beneficial Bank.

Just found something else I stopped paying around Oct 09 had zero money left and statements for Oct Nov Dec Jan all include late payment charge £12 and on page 4 of the statement it is classed as a default charge.

The only spending figure for Oct Nov Dec Jan is the £12 deafult charge

So with Interest of around £250 pm in Jan it took me over the £13,500 limit

Sorry Guys and Gals dont scare me againNick by telling me I'm fooook** on this one.

Edited by steve2577

Yo Dotty! You keep refering to "interest".

Are you single and any chance of a piccie? Wonder why you get so much interest. :D:D:D:D

p.s. Sorry......... Mad sense of humour which you do need in life. ;)

Love your sense of humour Nick!

But sorry, love buying clothes and especially shoes ( a girl just can't have enough) don't do threesomes and my wages are all for ME. So not quite your 'Perfect Bimbo', sorry.

Oh and, Pleasure should be given.................. and received.

Have I posted on the right thread?! :shock:

Love your sense of humour Nick! Aww! Where is the smilie for a kiss. :D

But sorry, love buying clothes and especially shoes ( a girl just can't have enough) don't do threesomes and my wages are all for ME. So not quite your 'Perfect Bimbo', sorry. Oh well!!!!!!! Back to searching again I guess. :-|:Cry:

Oh and, Pleasure should be given.................. and received. So you mean you do not take IOU's?? Very unfair I have to say.

Have I posted on the right thread?! :shock:

Nope. Have had a look. No romance sections available on the forum. :D:D

Sorry Guys and Gals dont scare me againNick by telling me I'm fooook** on this one.

There are different ways to argue whether an agreement is valid or not. There are also different way that, even if the debt is sold on it can be argued whether it is enforceable or not.

Read the following carefully and understand it.

In the first instance let us say that they have a lot of faults in their correspondence.

You can let them default you and terminate the agreement. So what happens now?

You have three options:

a: You take it to court. This has its pros and cons. For a start it is called "The Judge Lottery". Also you have to be able to SUBMIT your case to the Judge and make the Judge believe you compared to the bank. (Remember, the bank will be like a kid that has had its favourite toy taken away and will be screaming and crying to get it back). You CAN use the law but you still have to prove to the Judge that you are NOT abusing the law. Claiming something like "The Act says that the debt cannot be enforced and I had 14 cards and owed £100,000 on them but because the law says so................. there is a 100% chance the judge will go against you and you may have to finish filing an appeal. (See Humblemans thread to see how funny some judges can be).

b: You get the bank to shut up and belt up. Again has its pros and cons.

IF you can get the bank to realise that they have made so many mistakes that it is not worth carrying on then all the good. BUT by doing this you have to expose what "Ace cards" you have and then the bank can take precautions when issuing proceedings as you have exposed your hand.

c: The other alternative is to try and get what is called "A strike out". Basically the bank takes you to court. You file such a defence that the Judge will consider under CPR 3.4 and CPR 24 that there is no chance of success and will throw the claim out of Court.

So this is why I have always said: Every case is different. MOST will be standard letters and you take bits and pieces and mix and match to suit that particular case. BUT........... you give me a crystal ball and tell me how to read the future properly and I will tell you what is in the future. Otherwise............it is how you prepare yourself, how much you have learnt, how much you can put an argument forward, how much you can refer to to test cases.............

In this case, they say that they cannot find a copy of the agreement. That letter is covered (as Dotty rightly says) by the words Without Predjuice. So to use that you have to get a Judge to "overturn" that wording and make the letter available in Court as evidence. So have to look for other things and it seems that their DN is faulty. So you might get away with that one.

As to are your going to win or not? Once again, give me a crystal ball. The ONLY thing that can be promised is that if you were to lose then you can ask the judge to:

a: stop interest

b: make a decision on the minimum payments (token payments)

And as long as you keep to the minimum payments then you do not have to find so much money to pay a month