style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just joined up and need some advice.

I am just filling out my statement of affairs for bankruptcy. In the list of creditors do a give them the original creditors details or do i put the DCA that are dealing with them.

I have been struggling with £18k worth of unsecured debt since dec 2006 when i lost my job, just after finding out I was pregnant. Obviously on a very low income ( i live with my partner and 2 kids and i am not entitled to any benefits exepct Child benifit) i could nowhere near meet the repayment. Went to CCCS who were excellent and was put on a DMP. Whilst receiving maternity allowance. Once this stopped my income dropped to £175 a month and my partner helped me out for a while although this was unsustainable. Also smaller creditors would not stop interest and charges. I have now decided to go bankrupt. I have had letters from baliffs and DCA threatening legal action. This has put strain on my relationship ans my health. I am on anti depressants and sleeping tablets to get through the days. My partner is sometimes having to use credit cards by the end of the month and we need to use some of my tiny income to buy essentials for the kids etc. My partner owns the house and car etc. Am i doing the right thing?????

Sorry for rambling on and I only came on to ask the question re: statement of affairs.

Any advice appreciated!

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Sometimes life becomes very difficult.

From what you have described bankruptcy seems to be a good option for you. When you do go bankrupt you will need to satify the judge that you have received appropriate advice. Two places to go for this are your local CAB and the National Debtline - www.nationaldebtline.co.uk.

As far as creditors go I would put the original creditor where the DCA is acting for them, or put the DCA if they have bought the debt.

I have to confess that I was once pretty depressed about all the money I owed. It eventually crystallised in my mind that I would never be able to pay everything and hence worrying about it was never going to achieve anything. When you think about it in that light then the problems seem to become musch smaller and less significant - and you can then concentrate on doing those things that really matter. Like your children.

In any case never feel bad about bailiffs etc. They don't feel bad about you.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi there

I would also put down the original creditor for each account, as collection agents can change all of the time.

With you not working, and having no assets of a large value yourself, you would not lose anything by going bankrupt. There is the upfront fee to pay, but you can claim some of this back with you being on benefits. Apart from this, look forward to being free of debt very quickly.

All the best x