Mis-sold Unregulated HP Agreements

chesterpants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks for reading.

As part of wider financial problems I'm having I have two unregulated HP agreements:

1) Mercedes Benz Finance

2) Audi Finance

It is only recently when I've been having difficulties meeting the monthly repayments on these agreements that I actually found out there are two types of agreements (regulated and unregulated). I had no idea when I took these out.

Several years ago I had an agreement with Volkswagon Finance and in the agreement was a clause where if I'd paid over 50% of the amount due under the agreement I could hand the car back. Sadly this is apparently NOT the case with unregulated agreements.

Had I been told when I signed up for both these deals that they WHERE NOT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT, I'd definitely have though again. I'd have needed to find out more. I was naive I guess but shouldn't the dealer be forced to outline just what you are signing up for. I'm just a layman after all.

How I'd love to return these cars, particularly as both are well past the 50% mark but I can't do this. I'm already two months behind with each (approx. £ 2,500 in total) and I fear that if they repossess the cars they'll sell them cheap at auction and impose other fees on me. In short I'll be left with even more debt.

Do I have any comeback on the selling of the credit agreement (or mis-selling)?

Thanks

I am currently investigating my own agreements...

the first question is did you sign and negotiate at the dealers or with the finance company face to face, or did you do it all from a distance (i.e by phone/email/fax) never meeting any representative from the finance co.