• Tweets

• Today is the last chance for those aged between 20 and 25 to nab themselves a free four-year railcard by opening an account with Santander.View the full article
    • The address is only a paper address with no actual manned staff address. Police have rang me this morning and taken some more information including the details of the driver who they say they will contact and interview.  They are also putting in a formal request to Shiply to get the couriers driving license and biometric information held on file. IF anyone else has been in the same position with this particular courier, please please let me know and we can perhaps go down the strength in numbers route xx
    • Heres a point, while we wait for @theoldrouge to condemn rather than promote and support right wing bigots spouting genuine and clear monstrous antisemitic rhetoric ... Isn't it actually specifically unlawful to promote violence against politicians on top of laws to criminalise such things? ... As is reported happening in these closed facebook groups run by Tory staff and where a Tory police minister and the Tory London mayor candidate are members and post?   .. or do the Tories (seemingly like tor) only promote laws for protecting the hate spouting hard right ?   "“Some of these (Tory facebook groups) posts constitute the most appalling racism and I would urge the Conservative Party to swiftly distance itself from these hate-filled groups and urgently investigate what role any Conservative politicians and officials have played within them. “Susan Hall and the Tory MPs who have belonged to these groups need to come out and explain why – and to denounce the content they have tacitly endorsed by their membership.” "Reporters found widespread racism and Islamophobia as well as conspiracy theories and celebrations of criminal damage on the pages, including sharing the white supremacist slogan and antisemitic videos. " "Unearthed found that 46 out of the 82 admins have clear links to the Tory Party, including a recent digital campaign manager for the party and a conservative activist. Conservative councillor for Haywards Heath, Rachel Cromie, is an admin on all the groups. "     Also interesting that Facebook groups opposing 20mph speed limit in Wales are being run by English Tories   Conservative-run anti-Ulez Facebook groups hosted racist and Islamophobic posts - Unearthed UNEARTHED.GREENPEACE.ORG Tory staff running Facebook groups described as 'cesspits of vile racism' WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT TORY staff and activists are running Facebook pages which are riddled with white supremacist slogans and Islamophobic attacks... Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts   Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts - London Post LONDON-POST.CO.UK A coordinated network of 36 Facebook groups opposing London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), run by Conservative councillors and...  
    • Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG - nuff said! The list of case law is enough to make them wet their pants lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

the last time i saw such a piece of fiction was a defence against andies claim

it seems a mr cp still has not had enough lessons

you realy do need to compose a skeleton argument now and send a copy to the court

Compliant default my ar*e! The usual 14days cr*p, no numerical date. I wouldn't have minded but they never even bothered to send it to me!!

Done my head in enough for today, I'm going to bed!

Happy reading, (cos I know you'll re-read it! It's so incredulous you'll have to just to believe they really wrote that :D)

Goodnight Cab, thanks for your input x

i was hoping for more than wet pant's:cool:

cab

Wet pants is nothing but the start :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

On it's way my dear x

I am actually speechless......seriously is that the best they could do :-o yes ok you missed payments, yes ok you refused to let car go but it still doesnt take away from the fact they NEEDED a court order to enter your property!! I honestly believe now that they live on another planet! How can they admit parts as in agreements existing etc then at the end say they deny everything?! I tell you what the more I see the more they confuse my brain! Im sure none of them are legally trained and if they are its poorly :-|

Good morning all, I'm glad to see everybody has awoken with renewed Welcome busting vigour!! :D

Morning :) I hope now the shock and daze caused by such a shoddy defence has now worn off ;)

Morning :) I hope now the shock and daze caused by such a shoddy defence has now worn off ;)

Indeed it has :)

I really struggled to believe that their defence could be so contradictory, vague and amateurish that I convinced myself, (almost!), that there must be some kind of catch and it was me that was wrong!!

But thanks to my wonderful colleagues on here I was dutifully reassured that their defence really was the tripe I first thought it was ;)

All is peaceful again in the wannabe household :D

I am actually speechless......seriously is that the best they could do :-o yes ok you missed payments, yes ok you refused to let car go but it still doesnt take away from the fact they NEEDED a court order to enter your property!! I honestly believe now that they live on another planet! How can they admit parts as in agreements existing etc then at the end say they deny everything?! I tell you what the more I see the more they confuse my brain! Im sure none of them are legally trained and if they are its poorly :-|

That's all well and good should I have said "I made all the payments, I had paid more than a third, the title of the car was legally mine etc etc".

BUT I DIDN'T YOU FOOLS!!

If they want to go down the "missed payments" route then maybe they should've told the court the FULL story, i.e. all the complaints I made about PPI misselling and the amount of the re-write and their non compliance with my subject access request and how I was totally ignored BEFORE I stopped paying in protest!!

I refused to let the car go because they didn't have a court order!!!

Madness :-x

Indeed it has :)

I really struggled to believe that their defence could be so contradictory, vague and amateurish that I convinced myself, (almost!), that there must be some kind of catch and it was me that was wrong!!

But thanks to my wonderful colleagues on here I was dutifully reassured that their defence really was the tripe I first thought it was ;)

All is peaceful again in the wannabe household :D

I think your reaction was totally natural given you are LiP and they are a company with supposed trained staff! Glad to hear peace is restored :)

That's all well and good should I have said "I made all the payments, I had paid more than a third, the title of the car was legally mine etc etc".

BUT I DIDN'T YOU FOOLS!!

If they want to go down the "missed payments" route then maybe they should've told the court the FULL story, i.e. all the complaints I made about PPI misselling and the amount of the re-write and their non compliance with my subject access request and how I was totally ignored BEFORE I stopped paying in protest!!

I refused to let the car go because they didn't have a court order!!!

Madness :-x

Thats precisely how I saw it, I dont think they understood the poc and have answered something that isnt even there :confused:

Thats precisely how I saw it, I dont think they understood the poc and have answered something that isnt even there :confused:

Well exactly! Their defence is holier than the Pope himself! My only choice now is whether to reply or not.

There are pros and cons for both.

It'll be down to the judge on the day whether he chucks out their defence on the basis that it is invalid and then I should get judgement the same day.

Question: Do I reply and sow the seeds of "invalid defence" with the judge, but then run the risk of not replying properly and have it look bad for me???

If I don't reply tho, there'll be a lot of pressure put on the day and all the whatif's spring to mind. What if the judge won't listen to me??, what if their rep is so bolshy I can't get a word in??? What if the judge makes his mind up before we even start??

To do, to do.......:confused:

I kind of would like to have the last word tho. Yes that's childish, I know!!

I dont think its childish.....as you say there are pros and cons for both I know which I would do in your position but whats right for me may not be for you :)

I dont think its childish.....as you say there are pros and cons for both I know which I would do in your position but whats right for me may not be for you :)

Please tell, any opinions are gratefully received and I don't hold anyone responsible for the decisions I make :)

Please tell, any opinions are gratefully received and I don't hold anyone responsible for the decisions I make :)

If it was me i would respond, purely because it takes the heat off on the day of the hearing as the judge will have already read the majority of your arguement, if the judge is going to be influenced that is the opportunity to do it. Id be planting seeds like a professional landscape gardener :lol:

If it was me i would respond, purely because it takes the heat off on the day of the hearing as the judge will have already read the majority of your arguement, if the judge is going to be influenced that is the opportunity to do it. Id be planting seeds like a professional landscape gardener :lol:

I was inclined that way, just a bit nervous of ending up getting it adjourned as a result. I'll look into it further.

Cos Ideally I would like it all done and dusted by this time in 2 weeks :-|

My costs are mounting Welcome, all this time at £9.25 per hour!

I was inclined that way, just a bit nervous of ending up getting it adjourned as a result. I'll look into it further.

Cos Ideally I would like it all done and dusted by this time in 2 weeks :-|

My costs are mounting Welcome, all this time at £9.25 per hour!

i guess the only good thing about an adjournment is it would indicate it is being looked into properly rather than just siding with 'the defendant'

Oh poo I forgot about time.......

i guess the only good thing about an adjournment is it would indicate it is being looked into properly rather than just siding with 'the defendant'

Oh poo I forgot about time.......

I didn't put time in my claim. You get the chance to do that at the hearing luckily ;)

I didn't put time in my claim. You get the chance to do that at the hearing luckily ;)

Handy to know ;)

Nothing in post for me today so im guessing defendant will be 'served' next week