Bristow & sutor regarding Business Rates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys hope someone can tell me ive done the right or wrong thing.

I couldnt pay my business rates last year so the local council sold the debt to bristow and sutor (Redditch)

The baliff attended my business property which i rent last year and listed my equipment.

The debt had tobe paid at a rate of £95 per week (no idea why)

I didnt make some payments at xmas 2009 and when i tried to pay last week they said i have defaulted and my arrangment is broken.

Taking into account what i had paid off they said i owed them £1045.00 That needed paying in full last friday(8th Jan) or baliffs will call Monday 11th Jan and add £300 and take my tools of work/ equipment.

I paniked and paid £540 to them over phone by card plus 4% card fee and then drove to Redditch to give a business cheque for £505.00 to stop this action.

Looking back now have i been to hasty or have i done the right thing

Can someone please give me peace of mind havent been able to sleep properly since

Kind Regards . SW

Hi webster. For better or worse, you did what you felt had to be done. The debts now paid and you don't have the bailiff to have nightmares about. So that's out of mind now.

No doubt better people than I will be along shortly and will probably ask to see what fees you paid. So it might be a good idea to root out any paperwork you have.

They will then be able to see if you paid the correct fees or generously bought your bailiff a slap-up 15 course meal. And if so, what you can seek back...

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
typoo

Hi Guys hope someone can tell me ive done the right or wrong thing.

I couldnt pay my business rates last year so the local council sold the debt to bristow and sutor (Redditch)

The baliff attended my business property which i rent last year and listed my equipment.

The debt had tobe paid at a rate of £95 per week (no idea why)

I didnt make some payments at xmas 2009 and when i tried to pay last week they said i have defaulted and my arrangment is broken.

Taking into account what i had paid off they said i owed them £1045.00 That needed paying in full last friday(8th Jan) or baliffs will call Monday 11th Jan and add £300 and take my tools of work/ equipment.

I paniked and paid £540 to them over phone by card plus 4% card fee and then drove to Redditch to give a business cheque for £505.00 to stop this action.

Looking back now have i been to hasty or have i done the right thing

Can someone please give me peace of mind havent been able to sleep properly since

Kind Regards . SW

Hi

Rae has already suggested you post details of the charges you have been subjected to - a sound idea, here are some more questions.

Do you know how much the Liability Order was for, if not then contact the Council also ask how much is still outstanding.

Contact the Bailiff company and ask for a statement of your account including screenshot. This is not a request for personal data under Data Protection so any request they make for £10 is just a delaying tactic.

If forced to pay under duress or false pretences then you could do a chargeback on your card payment (I assume a Credit card), debit card may be a bit harder.

Put some more flesh on the bones and the vultures will have a look to see what we can glean.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]