Strange letter from SLC...

PriorityOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just received a letter from these people re. a loan that I took out as a mature student some years ago. I've not made payments on this loan as yet because my earnings didn't go over the £15,500 threshold until recently; I was promoted in September which has now taken me over this figure.

I assumed that Inland Revenue would forward these details on directly, but instead they've told SLC that I am "no longer employed or in receoipt of any taxable Benefit" :confused:

I've been in full-time employment since 2006 and have am still receiving Child Tax Credits until approx. August this year; when my daughter finishes F/T education. Have they gone mad?

The now want me to tell them how I support myself financially and send in pay slips, etc.

Is this... erm.... normal?! :confused:

Happy New Year!! :D

I'm not comfortable about sending them off, that's for sure.... I always thought they could access a person's income anyway through their links with IR. They also have my NI number and date of birth.... and I've been in f/t work since 2006.

Anyway, they want a reply within 28 days or I will incur any charges it costs them to find out the info. for themselves and a penalty of £150.... I don't bl**dy think so... They want payslips, employment details, paroll ref., how long I've been there, a completed DD form and the colour of my underwear.

That last one was a joke... :p

Is this standard practice for SLC? Are they thick or something?

I obviously had too much booze last night.... 'coz have re-read what was sent. They only want DD details and payslip info. if I'm an overseas student or was planning on going overseas.

All they're actually asking for are my PAYE details from the paylip, how long I've worked at my current job, the address details and gross income.... which I assume is ok to provide.

Duh...