Capital Bank Hire Purchase Agreement

Aqua-Sition
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a Hire Purchase Agreement for a second hand car 22nd Nov 2005. In fact it was a refinancing to reduce the monthly payments - however, still a fresh Hire Purchase Agreement.

The agreement was signed in my own home. Further more, it was a restricted use agreement insofar that it paid for a motor vehicle and I did not receive any cash.

One box marked "CANCELLATION RIGHTS"

You do not have the right to cancel this agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, unless we tell you otherwise in writing.

Is this correct - or should they have afforded me cancellation rights?

No definately a Hire Purchase Agreement and I definately signed it at home. As I said it was essentially a refinance on the same car, but a new agreement was entered into. I am hoping to use the cca 1974 to get rid of outstanding payments (around £3000) just like others in here who find themselves in a difficult position at the moment.

I take it that the clause is wrong in which case they failed to give me my legal rights - correct?

you are getting confused

you sign a credit agreement, if its at a place of biz, the contract is binding, you cant cancel

sign at home, you have a 14 day cooling off period

they have just used a bog standard agreement, the same one they use in the garage.

if you are using this angle, can you prove you signed it at home and not the garage

all hp agreements have to have the voluntry termination option, half way point to terminate the agreement

be it signed in an office or home

If The Agreement Has Not Been Executed By The Dealer, The Agreement Is Unenforceable But A Court Can Enforce If All The Precribed Terms Are On The Agreement

Can You Post Up The Agreement Minus Personal Info, But Leave In The Figures

Google Photo Bucket