Car recently repo'd by Welcome Finance...any advice gratefully received!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just received a letter from WF threatening me with legal action if I don't contact them with a payment plan. my 'account balance' and arrears figures stated in this letter just do NOT make sense at all.

I haven't been on here recently as I've been really struggling with my N1 form and as yet have not filed my claim. Am waiting to get paid so I can buy Patricia Pearls small claims book (looked on amazon and it's £30!)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi moneymeltdown again as wannabe says (shes a star and very helpful with n1s lol) mines all ready to go just waiting on evidence to submit forms so if theres anything I can do just shout patricia pearl is cheaper from CAG than amazon :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

hello!

so sorry I haven't been on here recently..I have had some family things to sort out :( which has meant everything else has taken a back seat

ok,so as yet no n1 form filed yet. have had some recent WF correspondence ie a default notice sent by them a few days ago and also a breakdown of all new charges(!) including a repossesion fee of almost £300.

I really really need some guidance with my figures as i feel overwhelmed by it all and don't want to file a claim that's unclear!

hi moneymeltdown again as wannabe says (shes a star and very helpful with n1s lol) mines all ready to go just waiting on evidence to submit forms so if theres anything I can do just shout patricia pearl is cheaper from CAG than amazon :)

hello again!

i would love some help regarding filling in the dreaded n1 form...it's just my figures that I keep getting stuck on.I KNOW i have paid more than the 1/3 required and have proof yet every letter that comes from WF says differently

hello again!

i would love some help regarding filling in the dreaded n1 form...it's just my figures that I keep getting stuck on.I KNOW i have paid more than the 1/3 required and have proof yet every letter that comes from WF says differently

Oh just ignore their cr*p!! :D They don't know their ar*e from their elbow!! What proof have you got? Have you got any copies of the annual statements?? Did you ever rewrite this agreement??

Hi,thanks for responding!

I haven't heard from these idiots for a while so it's a bit strange that they would start sending default notices now!

I have proof that I have paid the third in writing from WF and various statements from WF. I have checked my credit file with Equifax and have a record of all payments to WF with no defaults (does this count?)

No,I have not re written my agreement with WF.

It's ok, it needn't be a problem if you've already got all the info you need. You say you've checked your credit file, is there definitely only one welcome agreement on there that dates from when you took out the HP to the present date?? Sorry, don't want to seem like I'm doubting your word, just welcome have a nasty habit of rewriting agreements to suit their own needs. It's vital to your case that there was only ever one agreement.

Also, can you count the number of payments made as showing on your credit file?? Was it a 48 month agreement?

It's ok, it needn't be a problem if you've already got all the info you need. You say you've checked your credit file, is there definitely only one welcome agreement on there that dates from when you took out the HP to the present date?? Sorry, don't want to seem like I'm doubting your word, just welcome have a nasty habit of rewriting agreements to suit their own needs. It's vital to your case that there was only ever one agreement.

Also, can you count the number of payments made as showing on your credit file?? Was it a 48 month agreement?

Definitely definitely definitely only ONE agreement! the agreement was for 48 months and yes can count the payments made. the total amount exceeds the 1/3 amount. I have checked many times :)

Oh and by the way, they can't send you a default now, the account was terminated so there's no obligation to make installments therefore no DN to show arrears :D

that's what I thought when I received it the other day :)