Can a debt company charge me for my Information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been having various dealings with the wonderful CCS (S C Grays) debt company. First they denied the phonecalls were from them, then on submitting their phone number they found my information, apart from the phone call which I was alleging they broke Data Protection. They denied that there caller was shouting at me, saying she was strong! Alleging that the client wants the calls to be dealt like this! Then after resubmitting the formal complaint this morning, they suddenly have all 4 of the telephone calls which were made to me. They totally denied that the first caller had been shouting at me, then denied that the caller had breached Data Protection. They have said if I want copies of the telephone calls I will have to pay £10 per telephone call. This seems unbelievable. I've had to do this once before and the finance company sent me the recording via email. They have said they can't send it by email and will only send it to a designated address.

Is this correct, and they charge me per phone call? I have had dealings with them before and they are dreadful.

Also, does anyone know if Scottish Power sell their debts to CCS or do they act as representatives for Scottish Power.

They have apparantly handed everything back to Scottish Power, but I do not want to let this lie as they come up with an excuse until you prove something then they change their story.

If anyone has any information regarding the fees they are trying to charge me I woule be so pleased, and also any legislation that covers the fees.

Thanks

Helen

I have been having various dealings with the wonderful CCS (S C Grays) debt company. First they denied the phonecalls were from them, then on submitting their phone number they found my information, apart from the phone call which I was alleging they broke Data Protection. They denied that there caller was shouting at me, saying she was strong! Alleging that the client wants the calls to be dealt like this! Then after resubmitting the formal complaint this morning, they suddenly have all 4 of the telephone calls which were made to me. They totally denied that the first caller had been shouting at me, then denied that the caller had breached Data Protection. They have said if I want copies of the telephone calls I will have to pay £10 per telephone call. This seems unbelievable. I've had to do this once before and the finance company sent me the recording via email. They have said they can't send it by email and will only send it to a designated address.

Is this correct, and they charge me per phone call? I have had dealings with them before and they are dreadful.

Also, does anyone know if Scottish Power sell their debts to CCS or do they act as representatives for Scottish Power.

They have apparantly handed everything back to Scottish Power, but I do not want to let this lie as they come up with an excuse until you prove something then they change their story.

If anyone has any information regarding the fees they are trying to charge me I woule be so pleased, and also any legislation that covers the fees.

Thanks

Helen

You can submit a Subject Access Request for a cost of £10. For this they need to supply you with EVERYTHING related to you. It is a one-off fee and they will try their utmost to frustrate you at every opportunity. First, they will just send you a list of charges and claim ignorance by pretending they thought this is all you wanted.

You can push them and they will send the same thing several times over. Then you get the information commissioner involved and eventually you will get the lot - minus anything that might be detrimental to them - some stuff miraculously disappears unless of course it might be useful to them in court at a later date - ie. "I admit the debt".

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.