Vodafone Default Nightmare (sorry, long)***RESOLVED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first post and I hope I am posting under the right subject, apologies if I haven't.

I had an account with Vodafone and I always paid my bills on time. However, my partner died suddenly and I was met with funeral expenses, and a large mobile bill just after he passed away, meaning I fell behind with the contract.

Vodafone passed my debt onto DLC Collections and put a default on my credit report for £220.

I made an arrangement to pay with DLC and paid the debt off in full in November (2009). I managed to pay the debt off within a short space of time.

My problem is that I am now desperately trying to relocate to live closer to my family (I presently live 10 hours away, have a young son and we have to move away after all that has happened), and I can not get a mortgage or even remortagge with my current lender, due to the default on my credit score, which is still showing as outstanding even though it has been repaid in full.

When I repaid the debt to DLC, they assured me that they would contact Vodafone immediately via fax to confirm they had received payment.

I contacted Vodafone and asked when they would notify the CRAs that the default had been settled. They advised that DLC had not yet confirmed that the debt was repaid. (This was 3 weeks after I had made the payment).

So I contacted DLC to chase progress. They informed me that at the end of each day, they notify Vodafone of all accounts that have been paid off that day and also they produce a summary of paid accounts, which they send to Vodafone at the end of each week.

I contacted Vodafone again and asked to be put through to the Collections Dept (the only number I have for Vodafone is 08700 700191). They wouldn't put me through but spoke to the department and advised me once again that Vodafone had not received any acknowledgement from DLC to say my account was paid.

I contacted DLC and chased them (again). They insisted they had informed Vodafone and advised me to get back in touch with Vodafone (incidentally, I asked DLC if they could provide me with a contact number for Vodafone so that I could speak to the Collections Dept directly, but they didn't have one, despite clearly having to deal with them regularly).

Since then I have contacted Vodafone again to get a resolution with no luck at all.

All I want is the default to be shown on my credit report as satisfied, (ideally removed as it was born out of terrible circumstances and I feel I was always an excellent customer, spending a lot of money with Vodafone every month until the tragic circumstances unfolded, but I know this won't happen, I defaulted and that's that).

Meanwhile, for the sake of £220, my son's and my life is on hold. We are trapped here for what could be another 6 years until I can get a mortgage again.

Sorry, I don't wish this to sound like a sob story, but it's so frustrating that I can not seem to get a resolution from either Vodafone or DLC. I would be very grateful if anybody has any advice at all for me with regards to how I can get my credit report to show the default is settled.

I am suprised that Vodafone and DLC are unable to work more closely and efficiently together to assist customers in these matters.

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry about posting such a war and peace novel!

Thank you 247, I really appreciate your help. Still no luck with this one I'm afraid. Because I am now unable to get any credit at a reasonable rate (the default still shows as outstanding) I have had to get a loan from QuickQuid today, so this is now proving to be extremely expensive for me - all for the sake of £220. I've certainly learned my lesson here!!

Thanks again for everything :)

I just had a default on my Vodafone account to, even though I didnt default - you need to email Lee at: Webform [ccare.webmails@help.vodafone.co.uk] - he is extremely helpful, and they did put mine as satisfied and to 3 payments late rather than the default.

Out of Debt - paid off £38,821.00 - YOU CAN DO IT

Bank Charges claimed: £680- from RBS

Bank Charge still in progress: Barclays

Happy New Year everybody, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everybody who has helped me with this. I'm afraid I don't have any good news to report yet, just a short update.

I contacted Vodafone about a week before Christmas and spoke to a helpful man who confirmed that my default had been satisfied at the begining of November. He said that it was unusual that Vodafone hadn't notified the credit reference agencies automatically. Whule I was still on the phone, he sent an e-mail to another dept at Vodafone asking them to notify the CRAs that the default was settled and to update my credit file. He also explained this was urgent.

To date, my Experian file is still not updated. However, I know that obviously I have to allow longer due to the Christmas period / holiday season at this time of year and I am happy to do this.

Out Of Debt - Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will contact Lee in hope that he would consider altering my file to show 3 missed payments rather than the default. I hope he may be understanding as although there is no doubt that I did default, the circumstances were, I believe, exceptional and I managed to settle the account quickly. Please keep everything crossed for me! - madly enough I went to QuickQuid to borrow money for Christmas, which i do not want to have to do ever again and I am so desperate to move home to be nearer to my family, which I just can not do unless this default disappears. I just can not imagine having to live so far away from support and loved ones for another 6 years.

It's amazing what a huge impact a credit file can have on somebody's life. Lesson well and truely learned!! Thanks again to all and a very happy and prosperous 2010. :)

• 3 weeks later...