The Petch Gettin The Scabbey Habit **WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone in bag land,

This isn't my 1st post but something wierd happened to my pc and no matter what I tried couldn't log back on using original, funny thing it happened not long after emailing DLA!!

To bring you up to speed I had all my old statements so I was able to go straight for the jugular.

Sent usual letters etc usual responses.

Filed claim 6/6/06 (seemed an appropriate date) for £4168 + interest and costs

Received without prejudice 50% offer 5/7/06

Rejected offer and filed AQ 11/7/06

Not heard from DLA since,they seem to be dragging their heels. Just got a letter from Scabbey though saying they will not renew my rather substantial overdraft which is up for renewal next month (no suprise there then) I guess they're trying to make me settle for less. Lets hope they get a move on with the court dates!

Thanks everyone involved in this site it is a real rock for us both in information and support, a donation will definately be coming once Scabbey coughs up.

Just received form from court, not sure what one part means so if someone could help please.

The last paragraph reads,"It is ordered that the claim is stayed to be referred to District Judge Dudley in boxwork on 8 September 2006." What is boxwork?:?

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't posted for a while been busy earning the £2500 to cover my overdraft the Abbey refused to renew!! Only things that have happened so for is the claim that was stayed in boxwork didn't get looked at by the judge so was stayed for another month. Also as I'm sure you Know Abbey have now decided to stop wasting money and are defending their own claims. As and when Judge Dudley @ Southend County Court decides to bother to look at my claim I'll let you Know the outcome. I suspect Abbey are just waiting until he sets a court date, still the interest is growing!!

• 1 month later...

Ok I have a Court Allocation/Case Management Conference in 2 days time!! Do I need to take my whole case preperation or is this just another cog in the really slow judicial process? It also says in the footnote, this case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court. Does this mean they are likely to request to move the case to somewhere really inconvenient, if they do can I challenge it?

Just checked my Email got a suprise comm from Abbey as follows;

Abbey have now taken back the handling of your claim from DLA Piper, and we note that your matter is scheduled for case management conference on Wednesday. I would therefore be grateful if you would call me at your earliest convenience to discuss proceedings.

James Arrandale

Has anyone else had a similar experience, if so what can I expect. If they agree to a full settlement out of court what do I need to get in order that they do not go back on their agreement?? Full payment by BACS before end of trading Tuesday??:confused:

Well I rang Abbey they offered full settlement asked me to ring court to postpone the Management hearing and write withdrawing the claim once I receive the money, which should be in a few days:D I'll let you know what happens next.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Petch. Congratulations on your win. It's always encouraging and inspiring to read success stories.

Please could you let me know the email address and telephone number for James? I haven't received any correspondence from Abbey apart from the standard fob-offs so have no contact details. I'm currently preparing my court bundle and am tempted to email to suggest they might wish to settle before they incur any further costs.