Log Book Loans Licence Revoked by OFT - confusion?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I understand that LBL Licence had been revoked - but how does this work - after all its a franchise?!

Im taking Danesmead Investment Ltd t/a LBL to court in March.

So when a licence is revoked does it affect all who trade as LBL??

Also The manager of LBL contacted me personlly a couple of weeks ago, he asked me if I want to take the car back until the court case.... I mean whats that about?! The dispute is ownership of the car.... why would he be offering me to drive the car till the day of the case!!??

Anyway, I contacted my solicitor who wasnt happy that this didnt go through him! He contacted LBL's solicitor asking them to put this in to writing...... we havent heard anything since.

So my car will be sitting in storage at a price of £11 per day.... and this will be for 7 months!!

So I understand that LBL Licence had been revoked - but how does this work - after all its a franchise?!

Im taking Danesmead Investment Ltd t/a LBL to court in March.

So when a licence is revoked does it affect all who trade as LBL??

Also The manager of LBL contacted me personlly a couple of weeks ago, he asked me if I want to take the car back until the court case.... I mean whats that about?! The dispute is ownership of the car.... why would he be offering me to drive the car till the day of the case!!??

Anyway, I contacted my solicitor who wasnt happy that this didnt go through him! He contacted LBL's solicitor asking them to put this in to writing...... we havent heard anything since.

So my car will be sitting in storage at a price of £11 per day.... and this will be for 7 months!!

The manager has asked you if you want the car back! I hope you put this in your court statement... your sol should be jumping all over them.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

The manager has asked you if you want the car back! I hope you put this in your court statement... your sol should be jumping all over them.

trooper68

Yes I know, bit of a suprise to say the least. He rang me and I think he was trying to get a feel if I was going to take this all the way.... he was saying that how worried how expensive this case is going to be, legal costs, storage of the car etc. I just replied that this is the way we have to do it though.

Then he said welll the reason I rang is, I thought it would be a good idea for you to take the car to the court case as this will save whoever has to pay for the car storage... I agreed, but said that I want this in writing and to I need to ring my solicitor as this needs to go through him.

My solicitor asked for this in writing weeks ago...... but no reply!

Yes I know, bit of a suprise to say the least. He rang me and I think he was trying to get a feel if I was going to take this all the way.... he was saying that how worried how expensive this case is going to be, legal costs, storage of the car etc. I just replied that this is the way we have to do it though.

Then he said welll the reason I rang is, I thought it would be a good idea for you to take the car to the court case as this will save whoever has to pay for the car storage... I agreed, but said that I want this in writing and to I need to ring my solicitor as this needs to go through him.

My solicitor asked for this in writing weeks ago...... but no reply!

As you say sounds like he's testing the waters. I had a case that was moved from county, to fast track. The defence turned up with 1 barister, 2 sols and 6 witness's. Me and the misses had a fun time. Before the case even started they tried to change the goal posts. Thier barister came to ours and stated that they did not call 1 witness, even though we insisted he turned up. The Judge jumped all over them. procedual stuff judge moved the case.

You can tell if the Judge is on your side, it was great...we now have to go to a Multi, two days. Our barister was fantastic, he gave me a tip, before you reply to any question, take three deep breaths. It throws the other side, man did it work...plus the Judge said "the costs cap will not apply, will they consider to settle" their barister approched the sols, came back and said no" I am really looking forward until march.

trooper68

As you say sounds like he's testing the waters. I had a case that was moved from county, to fast track. The defence turned up with 1 barister, 2 sols and 6 witness's. Me and the misses had a fun time. Before the case even started they tried to change the goal posts. Thier barister came to ours and stated that they did not call 1 witness, even though we insisted he turned up. The Judge jumped all over them. procedual stuff judge moved the case.

You can tell if the Judge is on your side, it was great...we now have to go to a Multi, two days. Our barister was fantastic, he gave me a tip, before you reply to any question, take three deep breaths. It throws the other side, man did it work...plus the Judge said "the costs cap will not apply, will they consider to settle" their barister approched the sols, came back and said no" I am really looking forward until march.

trooper68

Have they contacted you at all recently or do you expect this to go al the way to the court?

Have they contacted you at all recently or do you expect this to go al the way to the court?

They want to go all the way, this is going to cost them, our barister started on a 55% victory, he now states its more like 70%, he also said that they will not admit liabilty, cos everyone with a claim will come after them. So it looks like its all the way.

I'm not worried at all after the last appearance. They have dug themselves a hole...

trooper68

They want to go all the way, this is going to cost them, our barister started on a 55% victory, he now states its more like 70%, he also said that they will not admit liabilty, cos everyone with a claim will come after them. So it looks like its all the way.

I'm not worried at all after the last appearance. They have dug themselves a hole...

trooper68

lemme come with you.......... just to see their faces!!! lol :D:D:D

trooper68

Well all the best... looking forward to that day when you can stick 2 fingers up at them!! :D

In regards to the licence revoke, I have been dealing with the OFT and got a call yesterday stating it had been revoked and that LBL were planning on appealing and I have been requested to attend the tribunal for which I said hell yes I would attend apparently that will be spring next year.

In the case of the manager offering you the car I would hazard a guess that they do know things are going bad for them, an this I state because earlier on this yr while the solicitors have been trying to sort out a mediation with LBL in the post to my surprise arrived my log book along with a compliments slip nothing else, an when I called my solicitor to let them know even they were shocked!!

Yet another tactic to save face?

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

In regards to the licence revoke, I have been dealing with the OFT and got a call yesterday stating it had been revoked and that LBL were planning on appealing and I have been requested to attend the tribunal for which I said hell yes I would attend apparently that will be spring next year.

In the case of the manager offering you the car I would hazard a guess that they do know things are going bad for them, an this I state because earlier on this yr while the solicitors have been trying to sort out a mediation with LBL in the post to my surprise arrived my log book along with a compliments slip nothing else, an when I called my solicitor to let them know even they were shocked!!

Hi SSE,

May i ask what company you are dealing with who are trading as LBL?

I'm still confused though - are all franchises getting there licences revoked or is it just specific franchises??

As far as I know its not a company trading as... they ARE LBL...

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

OFT phoned me today. Asked me to make a statement about all my dealings and issues with LBL including mis-selling, no APR advertised in trading place etc. They say that LBL are appealing the revocation of their licence so the OFT in London is now gathering evidence and witnesses to block their appeal....

Me too ! signed statements to OFT after they phoned me today and agreed to act as a witness for OFT at the Appeal hearing.....provided OFT with all paperwork.....still trying to get a criminal action against LBL for theft of car, which may now proceed....

guys sorry to ask as i am sure it has already been asked.......i am going to court with a guy who gave me a laon last year when he had a franchise with logbook loans......he then got sacked and then the problems started....

so logbook loans licence have been revoked....does that effect the guy who gave me a loan and had a franchise with them......i am in court next thursday with him....cheers

bullyuk

Its not about the guy or the franchise its about LBL and their methods & practices, it is just my opinion but regardless of whether its a franchise or not if it belongs to LBL with the same trading head office as the one under the revoked licence as I am aware there are more than one LBL but I believe their name is slightly different.

• 3 weeks later...

:mad:Apply online instantly

If you qualify we'll call you to discuss your needs

We'll meet with you to complete the paperwork

You'll receive your cheque or cash there and then!

tick.gifAre you the legal owner of the car?

tick.gifApply instantly online

tick.gifNo personal credit checks

tick.gifYour money in 24 hours

tick.gifLoans for any purpose

tick.gifAttractive early settlement options

leftbottom.gifright.gifLoan Amount

£1,500 Weekly Repayment

£53.60 Loan Term

78 Weeks APR

437.4% Total Repayable

£4180.80 Please note, you can make significant savings if you choose to settle your loan early: Settling after 1 month : £1,845.27 (total payable) � of the term (20 weeks) : £2,601.90 (total payable) � of the term (39 weeks) : £3,408.18 (total payable) � of the term (59 weeks) : £4,060.00 (total payable) Typical 437.4% APRLogbook Loans Ltd, Bridge Studios, 34a Deodar Road, London, SW15 2NN

Their licence may be revoked but they are still advertising...sent to me today via email:mad: 437.4% APR eeeeekkkk!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nowayjose