S.H v Capital One

Sissel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just telephoned Capital One to request copies of all my statements since my account was opened. I was asked why i would want all these. I did not mention anything about charges. I was told he would have to pass my request on to the relevant department and they will send me the statements within 7-10 days. Lets wait and see.

I read on another thread here that Capital One dealt with this quickly. Would it have been better to request this in writing or should i just wait and see and then write to them if i do not hear anything within say 14 days?????

only last month they charged me twice. One lot of charges as my payment was a few days late and then another lot because the first lot of charges took my account over the limit.:mad::-x

It seems that you can do this either way.

I have sent them the DPA SAR letter but they credited the £10 payment to my account and have sent nothing.

The statutory 40 days are now up and they will have received my DPA non-compliance letter by now.

I would advise conducting all communication in writing but it should not be a problem - just keep on top of them.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I would send the DPA request and £10.00. They responded quite quicky with me, but at least you place a time limit on them.

Halifax Current Account - Claiming Over £2k

Halifax Card Services - Claiming Over 1K

Capital One - Settled

Citi Cards - Claiming Over £1k

Abbey National - Claiming Over 3K

Now i'll sound like a complete idiot but is that the same letter i have sent to the bank???:-| Should i write something like "I write further to our telephone conversation today......"

If you have a look in

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

It gives you a letter to use. Just use that and send your tenner.

Halifax Current Account - Claiming Over £2k

Halifax Card Services - Claiming Over 1K

Capital One - Settled

Citi Cards - Claiming Over £1k

Abbey National - Claiming Over 3K

I received my statements yesterday. I was quite surprised at how quickly i received them, not like my bank who held out until a day before the 40 days was up.

Again a really stupid question but can I also claim for the charges they have put on the account for going over the credit limit as well as the late payment charges????? I'm pretty sure i can but i just want to make sure before i start.

• 3 weeks later...

I have checked the letter template section but I am not sure which letter to sent to Capital One asking for payment. I belive it is the one specifically for Credit/Store cards but it says letter before action on it. Am I not meant to send them a letter asking for the charges back before i send them a letter before action. The letter template used for the bank is not appropriate to a credit card account. Can someone please help me and let me know what letter to send.:?