NICE halifax dca letter !!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

could i get some advice on this please. I beleive my halifax credit card debt of 3500 from 2001/2002 is statue barred. I recieved a letter from a debt collection agency , saying they wanted to help me and if i could fill in a standing order mandate and pay ``whatever i feel i could afford`` or words to that effect.

They assured me they wanted to help blah blah blah. My question is, is this a fishing expedition ??? Do they just want me to confirm i owe them therefore rendering the ``statute barred` un-barred so to speak ?

Ive also noticed they have LIED on my equifax file, they have an entry of ``last delinquet`i take that to mean when i paid them last``, on 2005, there is no way in hell i paid them in 2005, more like 2003/04 if at all.

What should i reply to this letter. Please advise.

thank you.

Hi

I would send them this letter first:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Send recorded delivery.

While there is no need to do this, you could head you letter with:

" I do not acknowledge any debt to your company nor any company you claim to represent"

It is for the DCA to prove the debt isn't SB not for you to prove it is.

If they come back with a statement saying a payment was in 05 then you will need to press them for when, where and by who.

If you are not totally sure it's SB, a "prove it letter" may be the way to go:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Hope that helps.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE