I've been allowed to go overdraw...

socks&pants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had an account with Natwest for over 6 years. My account is the basic step account which does not allow you to go overdrawn.

Last month I called phone banking to get an updated balance which stated that my balance was £300+. I called a compnay that I needed to pay that day and paid £300 on my debit card. This went through without a problem. A few days later my balance was showing at -£294 and I have been charged for making this payment. I have also recieved charges for being overdrawn.

At no point did I willingly go overdrawn and as my account is a step account there should have been the checks in place that if there was no funds available then the payment not made.

So I have a case for refunds?

I think we'd need more info here. Did you have a £294ish bill to come out the same day or pending?

As for the charges look in the template letter section, there is plenty of letters to request a refund of charges. Pretty much all of them are unjustifiable so yes, you do have a good case to argue for a refund. Actually getting a refund is a different matter.

Check your statements (online if you can) to get a series of events that has caused this and go from there.

For the record, even if your account shows a balance on that day when things go out if the bill or whatever leaves before the money lands in your account they will probably charge you. I got charged 140 quid because some direct debits came out half an hour before my pay landed. I hope that makes sense.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along to help!

Natwest Credit Card- £850- WON!!!

Natwest Current Account- £380 (in 1 month!)- On Hold

Mint- £250- WON!!!

Egg- Still waiting on list of charges

CAP1- Still waiting on list of charges

HSBC current account- On hold

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)

I called for my balance which was just over £300. I called to make the £300 payment 5 mins later. My debit card is a solo so no payments will go through unless there is enough cleared funds in the account. I have previously had payments refused as there was a payment waiting to leave my account which meant my balance would not cover the amount I was trying to pay

I'm sure (and this is my opinion, not a libelous statement of fact) that Natwest do one thing for a while so you're used to, for example, payments being refused if there is no money then let one through for the pleasure of charging you.

Natwest Credit Card- £850- WON!!!

Natwest Current Account- £380 (in 1 month!)- On Hold

Mint- £250- WON!!!

Egg- Still waiting on list of charges

CAP1- Still waiting on list of charges

HSBC current account- On hold

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)