Overdraft charges: need a Final Solution

GRRRATPARKER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m currently 105 pounds overdrawn and am planning to have that overdraft paid off in the coming week. I understand that I should be writing a letter to Lloyds reclaiming all the overdraft fees which I’ve incurred (I would prefer suffered) over the past few years.

I suffer from depression, so as a result I find being proactive very difficult, when I get into difficulties I tend to let them multiply rather than do anything about them. But recently I’ve been doing very well, so I want harness this new found initiative and sort out my overdraft problem, which is a major factor for my mood.

I understand that some people choose to request the interest on their overdrafts returned, should I also be requesting the interest as well as I haven’t been a particularly good customer with them and regularly go into the red? Also, I will no doubt be receiving more overdraft charges at the end of this month, is it worth waiting for this amount to be charged to my account before I make the claim? And is it possible to ask for some sort of amnesty on these charges as currently they really get me down and I would find myself in a much more sustainable situation if I’m able to get some relief?

Thanks for any advice, I really do appreciate it.

You say that you go into the red - but think about this:-

If they have been taking your money by way of charges, then this is money they owe you.

You say that you are going into the red but the red part is probably comprised of charges.

In other words, you are probably managing your money much better than you think and that at the end of the day, the bank owes you money and not the other way round.

This is the digusting pychological con trick which is pulled by all of the banks on their vulnerable customers everyday - for years.

Hundreds of thousands (yes, that many) go around feeling guilty that they can't control their money when in fact it is th ebank which has taken theri money unlawfully.

The bank doesn't spare a thought for you. You are just cash cow and when you are spent and your udders are wizened and dried up, they will simply chuck you out into the next level downwards which is threats, debt collectors etc.

Don't be concerned. Go in and get every penny which they have taken from you and the interest.

They have done you no favours.

They will still come out at a profit even when you have your money back