Bunge41 -v- David Lloyd Gym

bunge41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It completely echoes my experience. I paid my first year upfront and decided I was not going to renew (due to financial circumstances) so ignored their bill for the next year's payment. One day I was stopped going in (very rudely) and accepted that my one year was up and didn't go again. I then started getting calls from a debt collection agency. I asked DL what was going on and they said I had to give three months' notice. Pretty neat as they had also stopped me from going in there which just reinforced my belief that my time was up there. I battled and battled and it was only when I renewed (this time by direct debit) that they VERY KINDLY let me off paying the time I had been prevented into the gym. Thanks a lot! To my even greater fury, I took up their 10 personal training session offer and paid £300 upfront into my account to find out that it is only valid for 90 days and all the sessions I had not used were now void!!

They say that a 90 day validity on a voucher is standard. I was not even given a voucher, I thought I was putting on my account as such. They can't prove that I signed to accept that particular one and my latest letter of today, after asking for this proof, is to offer me AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL one personal training session. Excuse me, I believe you can have one of those for free anyway. I feel so aggrieved.

I was told by the manager during one of our earlier exchanges that David Lloyd is owned by Bank of Scotland, so basically they are not in the leisure business, they are in the business of signing people up to irreversable and questionable contracts to pay them money. The leisure bit is how they manage to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bunge,

I've started you a thread for your own case to avoid hijack of the other thread.

I take it you have now continued with your membership.

You could speak to them and say, as you have now renewed your m/ship, would they please honour the personal training sessions which you paid for.

When you decide to leave, check your contract carefully and make sure you cancel in writing by Rec'd Del'y in whatever way they require, giving the appropriate notice.

Otherwise, you'll end up in a lengthy dispute. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)