Natwest Nasties

reginafilangie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New to all of this so please bear with me.

After reading all about claiming back unfair bank charges I am interested in seeing if I can claim anything back from Natwest. I am going to write to them to ask for a breakdown of the charges that were applied to my account (which was closed in 2002) to see if this is in fact the reason i became badly overdrawn. I incurred a fortune in interest from an unauthorised overdraft and basically i'd like to know if anyone else has had any luck in claiming this interest back as well as the penalty charges?? I paid up in full and I have since discovered this account is listed on my credit rating as "default" so my rating isn't very good. I want to know if I am entitled to this money back i.e. if the interest was a result of unfair charges and if I do get it back I want the "default" listing on my credit rating removed.:?

Thanks ......

Claiming on a closed account, as far back as six years anyway, doesn't seem to be a problem. At the moment you could go back to September 2000 (???). If you haven't kept your statements (and I assume you were happy to dump the lot once the account was sorted out - just pleased to see the back of NatWest?) you will need to do a DPA request to get the info you need. That's your first move.

Good luck.