Congestion Charge - Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, back in September my i had to help my son move his belongings to kent from east London. It was a weekday, midday, and i looked online to view the exempt congestion charge route. I followed what i thought was correct, but got completely lost and as such called the congestion charge ppl to see if i had gone off route and as such be liable for the charge. They explained to me that i would basically have to wait and see if i got a penalty through the post as nothing would show on their system so soon. I heard absolutley noything until early this week, when i have received a letter saying i have ignored their penalty charge and owe £180!!!! Theres no information on this showing how to write and complain or appeal this, only a number to make payment. If anyone could advise i would be most greatful. The notice is dated 21st October and it gives me 14 days to pay or it will go to court and bailiffs will be involved.

Ok, back in September my i had to help my son move his belongings to kent from east London. It was a weekday, midday, and i looked online to view the exempt congestion charge route. I followed what i thought was correct, but got completely lost and as such called the congestion charge ppl to see if i had gone off route and as such be liable for the charge. They explained to me that i would basically have to wait and see if i got a penalty through the post as nothing would show on their system so soon. I heard absolutley noything until early this week, when i have received a letter saying i have ignored their penalty charge and owe £180!!!! Theres no information on this showing how to write and complain or appeal this, only a number to make payment. If anyone could advise i would be most greatful. The notice is dated 21st October and it gives me 14 days to pay or it will go to court and bailiffs will be involved.

Wasnt there something wrong with the paperwork with these.??? medusa???

Can you scan up the paperwork, seems you may have procedural impropriety here.

Call them up ... Explain your situation. I received a red route fine for £180 last week as I had apparently ignored an NTO which I never received. They should drop it down to £60.

I agree tho it is a total con not knowing if you hit the zone or not. Boris was thinking about sorting that out, but is too busy opening road crossings these days!