What do you want?

usaname
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we all found our way here, having tried to deal with the likes of MBNA on a fair footing.

If you have an account operating for many years, without a single problem until you hit a financial crisis, my opinion is that your creditors should be willing to help for a short period, if only to retain you as a good customer. Not a bit of it. To a man, my 3 creditors treated me not as a valued customer but as the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper. Having been made redundant, I paid reduced amounts to them all each month, despite their refusal to accept the figure. When I realised that I was not a valued customer and never had been, my opinion of them changed.

I think most people take the actions that they do against creditors, in defence more than anything else. Some will of course try to get out of their debts by using loopholes, however most on this forum are here, or come here initially because they are treated so appallingly by their creditors, at a time of huge financial stress and with no other options.

Should you pay your debts: Yes but in a fair and resonable relationship.

Will you willingly return to paying your creditors when you can: Probably not, given their totally unreasonable behaviour.

Can you be blamed for taking that attitude: No.

• Haha 1

I think this points out the fact that people are definately on these sites for different reasons.

Although I have a few creditors, I only have a problem with MBNA. I made my bed when I took out credit and am happy to lie in it. I am not pursuing any of my other creditors as they have been fair and open. I continue to pay my bills with the others dutifully.

It was only after I got into this situation that I discovered that MBNA are openly notorious for their illegal and aborant tactics.

I don't think many on this forum, found their way here to just avoid paying their debts. There have been some, but they are soon found out and ignored.

You also need to realise that when most people find their way here, it is a choice of paying the CCC's or eating, through a dramatic change in circumstances.

Even if finances eventually improve, how are you to then view a creditor who has driven people to dispair over the short term with threats and intimidation rather than structured assistance.

But most people are forced here when they start to get the hassle and stress dished out by the DCA's that is how I found this site.

So moral of the story dont dish out threats etc and people may just suprise you and come to an arrangment.

Simples

Quite agree