Maybe a silly question

Jess1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i have recently been given a bike of my dad, my bf would like to ride it but he is having trouble getting insurence as he is not RK, all i have is the green part of the v5c as my dad only signed it over last week, so my question is, is there a quick way to put my bf as the RK of do i have to wait for full v5c document to arrive. I hope that makes sense thanks

Hi thanks for the speedy reply, i am not sure not what you mean, check if my bf name is on the system? I dont think it will be as my dad put it in my name just last week so i dont see how my bf name would be on the system, sorry maybe i did not explain clearly enough, ive really got no idea about this stuff lol i dont even hold a licence thanks for any help.

Sorry Jess, I completely mis-read it!

This is from directgov:

If you buy a used vehicle - seller does not have a registration document or certificate

If the seller does not have a V5 registration document or V5C registration certificate, you should register the vehicle in your name by using form V62 'application for a registration certificate'. You can get one by download from the vehicle forms link below or from any Post Office® branch or a DVLA local office. DVLA will then send you a new registration certificate in your name.

So you would be the seller who doesn't have the V5 & he would be the buyer.

As soon as he sends off the V62, he can insure the bike :D

HE would need to sign it though :)

It's the same form that you would get if you had to tax the bike but had no V5 - the PO would send the form & issue the tax disc all in the same visit so YES he can do this & get insurance now.

Once again thanks, one more thing as my dad has allready sent of the v5c is it?(i have the v5c/2 bit with my name on it) And with that being prossed, would that not clash with the v62 if you get what i mean, sorry for being so clueless on this subject.

Ok so the v62 has been sent, the policy has been started, so is it ok for him ride it now (its allready taxed and has its mot) if so is there any where in writing i can see to confirm that, i dont want him to get in trouble

Thanks

Edited by Jess1990
Another q