Abbey - Default

Davew2811
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've had a long stading dispute with Abbey relating to charges on my account, the dispute started in Aug / Sept 2008 !

I had more than one account with them and stopped using the one in dispute until it was resolved. at this point they withdrew my overdraft facility and demanded payment in full (about £4000! ) .

I was not in a position to repay it in full so I agreed to repay it monthly (subject to a review after 3 months), I was out of the country working when this agreement ended and by the time I returned they had started default proceedings (which they claim can't be stopped unless the balance was repaid in full!)

Again, I was not in a postion to do this so in June this year they applied a default to my account, registered this with the credit reference agencies and passed the 'debt' to a collection company which has crippled me financially !

I have complained to the ombudsman, this process may take several months! but because Abbey say they have not broken any banking rules I fear the default will stand..

Any suggestions on what if anything I can do about it?

Dave

Hi,

Did they send you a default notice?

Is the DCA collecting on behalf of the bank or has the debt been sold?

Have you put in a claim for a refund of the charges?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They did send me a default notice but as I said, I was out of the country when it arrived and regardelss of that, they claim that once it has been issued they can not stop it unless the balance is paid in full!

The DCA are acting on behalf of Abbey, in fact, they have now passed the debt back to Abbey as I told them the matter was in the hands of the Ombudsman.

Abbey refunded SOME of the charges late in 2008 the dispute I had with them was because they did not refund what they said they would..

Dave

Edited by Davew2811