Abbey Mortgage wrongly Defaulted for 8 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wondered if theres any compensation I could receive due to the following :-

My mortgage lender (Abbey) thoughtfully put a default on my equifax credit report by mistake !! Therefore, everytime I have applied for credit (4 times) I have been refused. I thought this was due to me moving home and not having an established credit rating. Anyway, I wrote to Abbey who sent me a letter to say they have amended the Credit Reoprt and apologise but I wondered if there was anything I could squeeze out of them for the embarrassment ? Or should I just be grateful, my credit report has been amended?

Thanks

Hi there

I think for you to get compensation in a legal sense you need to show some kind of loss or damage, so im not sure you have any claim unless you can show this and also quantify it.

It may be that you can harass them enough to embaress them into giving you a goodwill payment.

Be interested to see if anyone has any other ideas, not sure my comments are legally correct not an expert just how it sems to me.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks for your comments.

I did get turned down for credit a few times (once for a storecard which was very embarrassing) although I'm not sure how I would prove that.

Amyway, I think I should write to them again and see what happens.

Many thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I recently sent 3 letters asking for my mortgage exit fees from Abbey for 3 different mortgages. One was 10 years ago, one 4 years ago and one from a year ago.

I've had 2 letters up to now one for the 'middle' one enclosed with a cheque for £126 and a letter regarding the most recent one. This one states that in the terms of my mortgage it clearly specified a Mortgage Repayment fee of £225 therefore no refund due.

So my question is why have they refunded one and not the other ?

Any help would be grateful.

Katie