Aviva/Westcot vs. My Mother

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

my mother used to insure her building and contents with Aviva. When it was coming to an end she found a cheaper deal with Nationwide in which she decided to go with. She thought that the Aviva insurance would just finish at the end of the 12 month period and she cancelled her direct debit to them.

A few months later she recieves a nice letter of Westcot. They say my mother owes Aviva £100 for unpaid insurance cover for a few months. My mother was obviously a little shocked by this as she was now with Nationwide. She contacted Aviva who have told her to send them copies of her Nationwide insurance details to prove she is insured with them and they will waive the cost. She is sending the letters out today but she is still getting hounded by Westcot. The usual threats of we MAY take you to court, we MAY come round and kipnap your dog etc. I have told her not to worry but she is a worrier and wants this all sorted out and Westcot to disappear.

What is the best course of action? I know the golden rule is not to phone them but i am tempted to phone them (acting for my mother) and tell them the story of what is happening and back off but will they actually listen???

Once Aviva have the relevant forms from my mother and waiver the cost will Westcot still send demanding and threatening letters? It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't such a worrier over things like this and its the 1st time in her life she has had to deal with anything like this so again the worry kicks in.

Thank you in advanced,

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

just write to westcrap and tell them that this is NONE of their BUSINESS and that you are dealing directly with Aviva, and any further letters/communications will be treated as harrassment,

add at the bottom in big bold type

VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

• Haha 1