What constitutes a valid CCA?

krysp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About £11k, so I suppose it is pretty largish.

One might argue that if they were to take legal action then they would have already. The whole unenforceability of debt confuses me with some posters stating that the recent test cases have all but removed the 'unenforceable' defence whilst others state that it can still be defended if case law is argued correctly and the judge is agreeable.

If your account is prior to 2007, then there can still be a case made for it to be unenforceable as long as the document does not conform to the Act. You should not rely on just a single error, so you need to look at the entire history of the account/relationship. You should also look at whether the actions they took from defaulting onwards, followed the rules.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Account is from way before 2007, creditor failed to provide signed CCA when requested under section 78, CCA Act 1974, although I'm not sure they're legally obliged to. They also failed to provide original agreements and older statements when I submitted an SAR request. Looks like they binned all data and wiped their computer systems up to a certain date.

If they start getting nasty, I'll submit a CPUTR request, but so far all they've done is farm the collection activity to various DCA's who have made their usual empty threats, all of which I can deflect with the account in dispute response.

Cheers for the help as always peeps, much appreciated.

Whilst they are in default of an s78 request they can take all action up to but not including obtaining a judgment. Seems bizarre that they can actually issue a claim but if they havent complied with an s78 request.. they cant get judgment !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

According to the OC, they have complied with S78, they supplied 2 sets of T&C's, one of which they claim is reconstituted from the original, the other reconstituted from modern terms and a copy statement (current at the time of my S78 request) whether that does comply with S78, god only knows. There was no signed application form or agreement - fiche or photocopy

But for whatever reason, they don't have the desire to take me to court - yet. I'm assuming that they either know/ think the case could be lost or they are waiting for more such cases to go their way before they go after me.

Only 4 years to go before SB...