Carshop/British Credit Trust. agreement - Is it valid??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

As a result of an ongoing warranty problem dispute, I have been checking through my paperwork and wanted some opinions on the following:

Vehicle order form says.

vehicle - £6882

paint protection - £249

3yr warranty - £699

GAP - £199

Total - £8029.

On the credit agreement it says:

Total cash price of vehicle (incl VAT) £8029

Total charge for credit £4475

Consisting of:

Arrangement fee £480

Option Fee £120

Interest £3875

23% per annum to the anticipated capital balance outstanding from month to month.

---

My question is, is this right?

As the cost of the paint, gap and warranty have been added to the amount of credit and therefore interest has been charged on them.

It is a HP agreement.

Any opinions? If you need any other info just let me know.

Many thanks.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

rip off

claim it all back

who is it........not welcome is it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx,

No its Carshop with finance provided by British Credit Trust.

I suspect that Carshop only told BCT the total amount, however I suspect Carshop also made commission on the gap and warranty but this commission is not listed anywhere, so just wondering where I stand and if I can use this as leverage to get the warranty sorted.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

go get 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dotty,

This is from February 08.

Will post up the agreement later and a copy of the vehicle order form as well.

Cheers

-

-

-

-

-

Links to documents on photobucket.

Order Form

Carshop picture by shann15 - Photobucket

Agreement

BCT picture by shann15 - Photobucket

BCT picture by shann15 - Photobucket

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Bump.. ;)

-

-

-

-

-

Hi Ghostdebt,

I seem to remember that the Total cash price had to include everything on the invoice from the garage so it looks ok to me as far as the figures are concerned.

Its a high rate of interest but this is how they get away with no deposit deals, it makes it more attractive if you haven't got to pay any money up front!

As far as it being enforceable, I would consider it is, but it has been a while since I was involved with this sort of thing so would prefer someone to advise you that has more recent experience.

When I was involved, the fees were only about £75, they have certainly gone through the roof now!

D50

Hi Dotty,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the agreement from the finance company is ok, but am more concerned about if they actually allowed to add the gap and warranty to the charge for credit and then charge interest on it when the gap and warranty are supposed to be a fixed price.

Also, if they make commision on the gap and warranty I believe they are supposed to declare the commision payments which they haven't so unsure what effect this has..

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

GD

-

-

-

-

-

Hi Ghostdebt

Ive Not Got My Glasses

Can You Tell Me

Has The Gap Or Acceptance Fee Or Anything Else Been Put In The amount Of Credit And Not The

Total amount Of Credit

note The Difference

amount And Total Amount Of Credit

Evening post,

The vehicle order form just lists the amounts and then says, total 8029.

The agreement just says, amount of credit 8029

Total cash price of the vehicle (including VAT) 8029

etc.

As mentioned above 8029 includes the cost of the paint,gap,warranty and vehicle.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

amount of credit 8029

total charge for credit 4475

consisting of

arrangement fee 480

option fee 120

interest 3875

total amount payable 12504

all this looks ok to me its more a case of the amount of credit includes the cost of the gap, warranty and paint that first got me wondering so they have had interest charged on them as they have been included in the amount of credit.

-

-

-

-

-

Hi Postggj,

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Gd

-

-

-

-

-

ime still waiting on confirmation ref the option fee

this is the final payment if you want to keep the vehicle at the end of the agreement

my understanding on that is the option fee is a charge for credit and cant have interest charged against it, so cant be included in amount of credit, only total amount Of credit

TO BE CONFIRMED THOUGH

Afternoon,

Option fee is included in total charge for credit so expect that is probably ok.

But what about the GAP, warranty and paint which are fixed price items but by being included in the amount of credit have interest charged on them.?

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

bump

-

-

-

-

-

Any comments?

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

Option fee is included in total charge for credit so expect that is probably ok.

But what about the GAP, warranty and paint which are fixed price items but by being included in the amount of credit have interest charged on them.?

The car is also a fixed price item that has interest charged on it.

I expect this is okay (I've read as much on this forum), but can't say for sure.

Thanks for the response.

-

-

-

-

-

• dx100uk changed the title to Carshop/British Credit Trust. agreement - Is it valid??