• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

allied international

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG, the fight back starts here:D

Firstly is the amount they allege you owe above £750??

I am assuming it is with a £300 a month payment.

Have you still got the Yellow card AIC sent you?

First and foremost DO NOT, under any circumstances, SPEAK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE.

As you have already found out, they are a very agressive uneducated bunch of bullys, who will say anything to get you to pay.

Just seen Pinky has posted the questions I was going to ask, so I will let you answer them before giving further advice.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Firstly, this IS NOT A PRIORITY DEBT, so please make sure you pay your rent, council tax, and utility bills FIRST!!

So you had a loan and an overdraft with Natwest??

And now AIC have combined them both???

If they have this is not allowed as they are two completely seperate debts, and come under different laws..

If you can't afford to pay them £300 a month then IMHO you must stop paying them, and bring it down to an amount you can comfortably afford, even if that is just £1 a month, it is still something and still shows willing in a court of law.

If you continue not to pay your rent, you will be homeless, and if you do not pay your council tax you will end up in jail. These jokers are not a priority by any stretch of the imagination, stop paying them £300 a month or you will lose the roof over your head and end up in jail.

Have a read:Which debts to pay off first : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i am due to make a payment so i know that i will get a call from allied soon. If i make a lower offer of payment, he will refuse so

If they ring, just tell them 'everything in writing' then put the phone down, do'nt entertain them on the phone, they simply tell you a pack of lies.

Please make sure you pay your rent and council tax first, and if need be catch up on any missed rent/council tax payments.

As you can see AIC do not have your interest at heart, they couldn't care lees if you lost the roof over your head, or were put in jail for none payment of council tax.

I would strongly advise you to only pay them what you can aford, which is why you must not talk to them over the phone they are already in breach of the OFT debt collection guidelines and CPUTR 2008 by making you get into further debt to pay them.

Have a read of all the other links people have posted, and the OFT debt collection Guidlines

Here is the address you need to make a formal complaint about themThe Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

The Office of Fair Trading: Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

Consumer Direct

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

**F DCA's makes BB look up 'apathetical' in the dictionary:D**(every day is a school day;))

If you make a complaint to Consumer direct they will automatically pass the complaint onto TS, and they also work along side the OFT, so you pretty much get three for one!

Yes, at the point he tried to intimidate you and make him sound big, you should have just laughed at him,"ooohh! Upstairs hey, mind you don't trip over the ones sat on the naughty step"

What a clown...if they ring again, every answer you give them should be "Everything in writing"

Keep repeating it to any of their ridiculous questions, failing that just put the phone down on them!

AIC are absolutely wicked. Don't pay them anything.

They so frightened me last October - bankruptcy, bailiffs, charging orders, all lies - that I seriously considered driving my car into the river

I do hope it wasn't a decent car?

And just think of all of that pollution that you would have caused to those poor fishes!:eek:

In fact stuff the fish, I'm more concerned about the car, typical woman, no thought for mens pride and joy, my mother parked her new two week old Toyota Avensis in next doors house last week!

She definitely won't hear the last of that:D:D

• 1 month later...

They are in breach of the OFT's Debt Collection Guidelines for starters, misleading tactics by telling you it is with a AIC and then AIC saying it is with them?????:confused:

However I would always deal with the OC, Natwest rather than AIC anyhow, as AIC are nothing more than bullies.

The SAR you have received should contain the entire history of your account with NW, which is why it probably doesn't mean anything to you and there is reams of the stuff..

Amongst all the paperwork they sent you will be/should be a complete list of your bank statements and these will show you if there were any charges added to your account, ie, overdrawn, bounced cheques, missed payments etc etc, you should claim these back from NW, so if there are any put your claim in with them now.

Is the line about not being able to find your signed agreement in a seperate letter which NW sent you??

Or is it amongst the SAR response??

Have NW replied to your CCA request?

If they are out of time, then did you send them the dispute letter??

I sent the cca letter to allied, they returned it saying nat west have to deal with it. do i send it to nat west now?

Incorrect, incompetent fools!

So do you know who is chasing it now, NW or AIC?

Either way send who ever it is chasing for payment the account in dispute letter, in fact thinking about it, you asked AIC andthey should have informed NW for the agreement and failed to do so, so IMO I would send AIC the account in dispute letter, as they have failed to provide the agreement, then when/if they pass it back to NW they should inform NW, so that NW is unable to pursue any further collections activity which includes selling it on to another DCA and trashing your redit file.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Send the incompetent fools at AIC that, recorded.

• 1 month later...

9 phone calls hey!:eek:

A definite breach of the Protection from Harassment Act,

and the Telecommunications Act.

A short sharp and swift shot across their bows is what is needed.

Send them the Telephone Harassment Letter and make an immediate complaint to;

Ofcom

And Trading Standards Via:Consumer Direct

Boo:wink:

I have just received a yellow card from Allied International.

Was it in an envelope or are they still sending them out with Mr Dickey' name on and a 'Warning' with the outstanding balance for all and sundry to read??

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Huff&Puff that is so defeatest!:p!

There is stacks you can do to stop them ringing, it just takes the right tool for the job that's all....

Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31)

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

Now, any breach of both the above Acts is a criminal offence, the Admin of Justice Act makes it a criminal offence for a creditor or their Agent (DCA) to make demands for money which are aimed at causing 'alarm, distress or humiliation, because of their frequency, publicity or manner'.

And the second act makes it even clearer, that 'any person who pursues a course of action which they know 'or ought to know' amounts to harassment of another person could be classed as having committed a criminal offence under the act.

So a complaint to the DCA in question swiftly followed up with a complaint to Trading Standards Institute - Home page

And the The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

• 1 month later...

In a bit of a rush so can't find the exact link I am looking for, but, just because they have replied with the agreement minus your signature, does not mean it is unenforceable, they are allowed to remove signatures from the agreement, there is a template on here somewhere which says why you shouldnt use s78 request if you want to receive the agrerement with your sigs on.

• 3 weeks later...

No I have been scarred for life, a 'friend' told me to watch (Removed for not only my sake, but to protect others also!), I'll never be able to close my eyes again!

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Please, I am trying to eradicate it from my Memory! I had to sleep on my back last night,

the next time I see my so called 'mate' I'm just gonne kick him square in the crown jewels....

Back to matters in hand, I was thinking that Unlawful and Illegal kind of mean the same thing, so would Unfair be better terminology to use?

• 5 months later...

Has anyone else had a look at what they sent regarding the CCA?

As BB says. it's not for them to agree or disagree as to what you pay them, it's for you to decide, if they don't like it, tough cheddar.

Personally I would just pay them a £ a month, let them work for it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is for you to TELL THEM what YOU will pay, NOT the other way round. make the offer of £20 (which is very very generous) in writing, if they refuse, just pay it anyway, they will not take any action against you as they will be ridiculed in court.

Have they sent you a copy of your CCA for this alleged debt? What about all the others?

Yeah well their puerile letter is all bluff and bluster, they seem to think that by sounding aggressive they somehow have the upper hand when in actual fact they are lucky they breathe the same air!

If it is for a credit card, and these have already rocked the boat and are getting greedy, then a CCA request won't hurt at all, it will at least send them the message that maybe they should have accepted your first offer and been happy.

When was the card taken out? Pre 2007?

CCA request then HH,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

£1 postal order, send recorded OR 1st class and obtain proof of posting.

OK the direct debit should be cancelled immediately, how long have they got to reply to your CCA request?

IMO it would be a bad pre-emptive strike to stop payment if they are still within the time limit laid down, the choice is yours, but if they do come up with the goods, then no payment at all would not look good if it got to the legal stage.

So if you don't want to pay them THEIR chosen amount, cancel the DD and pay them £1.