taking on rbs !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am at the early stages of claiming back my charges with from the RBS !! i have personally sent them letter asking for a full summary of my charges over the past six years - to my surprise (not) they have not furnished me with the info i have requested - any advise would be greatly appreciated ?

Did you enclose a cheque for £10 and use the SAR letter?

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yes I have pasted the data protection letter off the library + enclosed a cheque for £10 , my situation evolved after RBS closed mt account after i sold my house - which surprised me as i was not over due with any payments to them at all ,i was just overdrawn ( within my limit ) which would have been immediatly paid off with the proceeds from the sale. they are now pursuing me for my outstanding loan which ihave never not paid - on their letter to me they list all my accounts i had with them (morgage current loan etc) ,on my current account its listed as zero so thats why i am proceeding with tack of claiming the charges back . Over the last 6yrs i know the charges applied will be substanial.

do you think i am within my rights to not repay my out standing debt as they have a grouped it all together until they have settled on my account charges ????????

I'm not too sure. If everything is grouped together and you are claiming, then the account is in dispute and they cannot do anything whilst your account is disputed. Once your claim is settled they can make you pay it all back.

Do you think the amount of your claim will be enough to cover what you owe them?

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

not quite i owe them 20k. i dare say the longer they drag out refunding what they owe me the longer it will take for them to get me to commit to a payment plan !! -

If you are struggling with debt, I could recommend talking to PayPlan who arrange debt management plans. If you search on the site you'll find there have been discussions about them, somepeople think they're great, others disagree.

I personally I have found them to be really helpful, and since arranging payments through them life has been a lot easier.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

to be honest the rbs loan is my only commitmant and isnt a major drain on my income - i guess i just feel really let down by their attitude towards my situation earlier on this year when i was stretched money wise - i relocated through work and had to rent a place and my apartment took longer to sell than i thought.basically i had double bills to contend with for over 10mths which made life interesting for sure. so i kind of want to claim back the charges that have been applied as a bit of a mini revenge thing

Sounds fair enough to me!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06