Mrs_P V Halifax Matercard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently requested a DSAR with the Halifax, I shall be starting a thread for each account I have with them.

First is a mastercard, this is the alleged agreement contained within the pack.

Page 1

Side1.jpg

Page 2

Side2.jpg

Pages 1 and 2 were printed on 2 seperate sheets, although page 1 does not contain the prescribed terms page 2 appears to have them.

I would also like to mention at this point that the PPI box is unticked yet they applied PPI right from the offset, this is a seperate issue and will be claiming back the ppi premiums plus interest which should amount to a descent amount but this along with charges will not clear the balance.

Any help on enforceability will be great and is there anyone/thread with a similar agreement.

Thanks

Mrs_P

Edited by MRS_P
typo

Mrs P I've noted your request on my thread relating to Halifax Visa and will get back to you on that.

For a belt and braces approach I would send them a request for a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA), template letter N can be found by following this link. Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner Send them the princely sum of a pound and wait 12 days for them to produce your CCA or in my case an application form.

Have a good read of the following thread, it's lengthy but full of useful information regarding CCA's. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html

Edited by SL1210
To add a link to template letter

Thanks SL1, will be sending off a complaint letter for PPI and a CCA request for the agreement.

Just a quickie, if a bank admits that PPI has been mis sold and agree to refund the premiums does this make the loan agreement unenforceable automatically? Are there any threads with halifax loans with PPI being unenforceable?

Mrs_P

• 2 months later...

Update..

5th August sent prelimanary letter requesting repayment of charges and PPI debited unlawfully.

Also sent CCA request

5th September recieved credit agreement (as above, this time they decide to photocopy the 2nd page onto the back of the first)

21st September recieved a response from Halifax stating that they are unable to provide a response to my concerns raised (charges and PPI) and are still awaiting copies of agreements when policies were arranged. They also advise I now have the right to complain to the FOS.

Should I now send in a LBA for credit card charges and PPI?

Will be sending a complaint off to the FOS.

Mrs_P