You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

elite13

Annoying Book Club

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was sent some books on an introductory offer, I paid the postage as requested. Then a week later I had to go to Germany to work, so wrote to this book club to tell them I wanted to cancell this membership and sent them back the books as I would not be here to receive any from them. They refused to cancell the membership stating that I was obliged to purchase at least four books in the year of my membership or pay them £40.00 if I did not purchase these books. I have recently returned after four months working away only to find they sent more books to my address, I promptly returned these at their cost and now they are threatening me with legal action.

Can anyone please help because these peaple are starting to realy annoy me.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Can you post a link to the book club as it would help to check out terms and conditions, it might be that you've been tied to a contract.

Andy

these book clubs are nothing if not stupid,they seem to think that if you take one book you want more and send them out regardless, I got out of this by writing back and stating that their products are in my garage and that they are now accruing rental charges, last I heard from them so 6 months later I took the books to a charity shop

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks Andy the link is BCA. However at no time was I given a copy of terms and conditions therefore surely in law I can not be bound to them if I was not made aware of them.

If the books were not singed for and they have no proof of delvivery you could always say you never recvd these books anyway. Its naughty though

their T&Cs state there is a 10 day home trial period. If you returned the books within this period your membership should have been cancelled.

If not the commitment is either buy 4 books or pay £10 per book to cancel the agreement.

Re being bound to their terms, it all depends on how you got the books in the first place. If you order via their web site you have to agree to their terms before you can complete their order. I'm guessing that the invoice that came with the delivery would mention them too.

I would be pushing for membership cancellation as you sent the original books back and stick to that. If they send any more books, write to them requesting that they stop sending them and tell them you will retain them for 14 days during which time they can contact you for collection or risk losing them.

I can't see them going to court for £40, would you?