Will not reinstate account Goldfish account

deckermbnahater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have being on a DMP for a couple of years and circumstances have improved. Barclaycard bought Goldfish and inherited by account outstanding balance of £2500. They are accepting £17 a month and not applying interest.

They will not issue a default notice and will not reinstate the account as requested. So I can protect myself from them in the future what would be my best course of action? Continue to pay £17 or go to court and apply for a time order.

thanks

Hi Decks,

I saw the post which suggested seeking a time order from court but didn't really know what was meant by it.

If they are not applying interest, you are lucky as BC are pretty hard-nosed and unco-operative.

If you can't settle the a/c in full, they're unlikely to reinstate it or put it back into normal working order. What exactly do you want them to do here.

If you want to challenge the enforceability of the a/c, you can start by sending off a CCA request with the £1 fee. Read other threads here in the BC forum and see other cases that are doing this.

BC will not usually produce the credit agreement but they sometimes do with a/c's that they've taken-over.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi All

I have being on a DMP for a couple of years and circumstances have improved. Barclaycard bought Goldfish and inherited by account outstanding balance of £2500. They are accepting £17 a month and not applying interest.

They will not issue a default notice and will not reinstate the account as requested. So I can protect myself from them in the future what would be my best course of action? Continue to pay £17 or go to court and apply for a time order.

thanks

As soon as they issue a default notice make application to court for time order so you can keep on paying the minimumpayments they have been accepting without a default registering

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies