• Tweets

• Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
    • As the electric carmaker sees sales fall and cuts jobs, we take a closer look at its problems.View the full article
    • Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this? Every day is a school day.
    • Hi Guys, well a year on and my friend has just received this in the post today, obviously a little scared so looking for more of your advice.  Letter from the NCC dated 1-May-2024 is as follows.......   Before deputy district judge Haythorne sitting at the national business centre, 4th floor st Kathrine's house Northampton Upon reading an application from the claimant  it is ordered that  1. The claim be sent to the county court at #### (Friends local Court) Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.  A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.  If the application is one which requires a hearing, and a) the party making the application is the defendant: and b) the defendant is an individual, then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court.  In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.    As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Car Finance: Unsigned credit agreement.

emmilou1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thought i had mentioned this, must be another thread

ok, some good news

the 100 quid option to purchess fee is payable with the final payment.

this is where it gets interesting,

you may decide not to keep the car and for- go the 100 quid payment, so why are you paying interest on it.

that payment is then a charge for credit and a no no

another welcome con ime afraid but the good news is it invalidated the agreement but you need to send your complaint under the complaints dept to compliance in nottingham for there reply.

following this thread with interest and wondering what reply will come this time from mr p

• 3 weeks later...

scarlettuk

what do you mean that you are still making payments even though the car was written off

you would have had gap on the agreement or another name for it is shortfall

that would have paid the difference between what the insurance company paid and what was left outstanding on the agreement

please explain why this was not settled and what cock and bull welcome said not to pay out

I Do Get Fed Up With Welcome And There Bovine Excrament.

All These Micky Mouse Policies Are Welcome

I Take It Direct Group Addmin The Gap Insurance

No Surprise On That One

I Bet You Never Got It In Writing About The Gap

Do You Still Have The Gap Policy Doc With The T&c

I Would Love To See Where In The Gap T&c It States The Vehicle Has To Be Fully Comp To Pay Out,

Forget Welcome And What They Say On This, Pure Crap

its Whats In The Gap T&c That Count

WELCOME WILL WASH THERE HANDS ON ANY REQUEST ON THE INSURANCE PRODUCTS

CONTACT THESE PEOPLE

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

ASK THEM TO SEND DETAILS ON WHAT THEY HAVE ON YOU YOU NEED

COPIES OF INSURANCE DOCSAND

T&C FOR THOSE DOCS

DONT TIP THEM OFF WHY YOU WANT THEM

AS A NORM THEY WILL SEND THEM OUT

IF NOT

SAR THEM

DONT TELL THEM WHY YOU WANT THE DOCS

IT HAS BEN KNOWN FOR WELCOME TO CHARGE FOR GAP AND NO POLICY EXSISTS

DONT MENTION THE GAP POLICY TO DIRECT GROUP

LET THEM CONFIRM IT OR NOT

hi emmilou1

i had this in my court case against welcome

it will cost anything up to 250 quid but well worth it

its worth its weight in gold

google

graphologist

i used one in london and they will do a report on the sigs etc

in my case

case closed

it would be one agreement prob a carbon sheet for three copies

yellow copy

blue

white

not sure on the colours

the dealer gets one copy

the finance co gets another

and you the final copy

there is allways only one agreement unless you re-write the loan

Seems To Me You Have Been Duped On The Insurance By Welcome And Welcome Have Not Paid For Them

On The Stuff You Got Back From Direct Group And Welcome

Do You Have A Document Called

statement Of Price

Well Well

Seems You Have Been Duped Good And Proper

This Is Another Nail In The Coffin

The Key Is Not To Tip Welcome Off

You Need To Send Welcome A Letter Saying The Statement Of Price On All The Contracts Has Been Neglected In The Documents Sent To You

Send Recorded Delievery

This Realy Is Happy Days For You On This One Me Thinks

We Just Have To Let Them Dig There Own Grave

• 4 weeks later...

Go The Full Hog

You Have Been On The Welcome Forum Long Enough To Know The Real Welcome

Believe Nothing Unless In Black And White

If You Go Into The Office, Sign Nothing

Get Them To Photocopy The Agreement And Take It With You To Look At Before Signing

Remember

Signing On Trade Premisis Ends Most Of The Protection In The Cca

Allways Watch Your Back

• 2 weeks later...

They Cant Charge A Higher Apr

Glad You Spotted That One

May I Ask How Much Higher The Apr Is.

They Have To Get Back The Insurance Some How, Dont They.

Just Confirm

Agreement Back To The Original Amount Minus Payments Allready Made

Less Ppi Etc

Cancellation period

10. - (1) For the purposes of regulation 9, the cancellation period begins on the day on which the distance contract is concluded ("conclusion day") and ends as provided for in paragraphs (2) to (5).

(2) Where the supplier complies with regulation 8(1) on or before conclusion day, the cancellation period ends on the expiry of fourteen calendar days beginning with the day after conclusion day.

(3) Where the supplier does not comply with regulation 8(1) on or before conclusion day, but subsequently communicates to the consumer on paper, or in another durable medium which is available and accessible to the consumer, all the contractual terms and conditions and the information required under regulation 8(1), the cancellation period ends on the expiry of fourteen calendar days beginning with the day after the day on which the consumer receives the last of those terms and conditions and that information.

(4) In the case of a distance contract relating to life insurance, for the references to conclusion day in paragraphs (2) and (3) there are substituted references to the day on which the consumer is informed that the distance contract has been concluded.

(5) In the case of a distance contract relating to life insurance or a personal pension, for the references to fourteen calendar days in paragraphs (2) and (3) there are substituted references to thirty calendar days.

There's no need. The CCA covers this really clearly. Up to £25k the borrower has automatic cancellation rights which begin on the day the confirmation of agreement is received and extend for 5 days from that date.

In order to comply with the act, the lender MUST send confirmation of the loan along with a cancellation rights notice within 14 days of drawdown of funds.

Failure to do this will render the loan unenforceable as it denies the borrower the opportunity of exercising their cancellation rights. Nothing the lender does can affect this.

Any court would throw the book at the lender for sloppy practice if it got that far.

the fact remains that the lender is totally wrong in asserting that the borrower has waived their rights as it simply isn't true. Anything that suggests they have could be viewed as coercion.