Aliases on experian report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wondered if someone could help me regarding my credit file with experian.

I order my credit file every 3-6 months, I've been trying to tidy myself, my debts and my credit file up since joining CAG 2 years ago (all hail CAG!!).

Everythings going well with the help of CAG and the advice of other forum members.

I changed my surname legally by deedpole about 7 years ago, informed everyone, as you do, no problems. I understand and agree with how they record it on the file under aliases.

The credit report before the one I have in my hand has about 3 companies who have recorded this with Experian, no problem. When the most recent credit report arrived as expected with 22 pages I nearly fell off my chair. There are 7 pages of aliases, it's got nothing to do with applications for credit, I couldn't get a bag of sweets for 50p on credit so I know it isn't as a result of applying for credit.

How can or would this happen, I am going to contact Experian and ask them why their usual response isn't overly helpful so wondered if anyone could tell me what my rights are and will I have 7 pages of aliases for the rest of my life. One day I would like to get a mortgage, could this ruin my chances of getting credit??

Any help or advice of similar experiences would very much be appreciated.

I love CAG!