GE Money - Now Santander Comet Storecard

zetecisback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am hoping that somebody can help me as I am going crazy trying to sort out my problems with the above.

In 2004 I purchased a computer base for £400.00 and my monthly payments were £12.97 per month for 60 months, at first I had no problems paying this and they minimum payment was taken monthly by direct debit on the due date. However in early 2005 I lost my job and was unable on some occasions to make the minimum payment or payment was made late.

Anyway the total charges for the late payment and interest now stands at £275.00 and they want payment in full as the monthly payments (60 x £12.97) have now been paid.

I have written asking them to review these charges and they are coming back saying they are fair and must be paid.

Do I pay them and shut them up to go away or fight them? If so what can I do.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi thanks for the advice, I have tried to get my money back from Comet and everytime they are refusing saying charges are fair etc etc, I have now in my posession a copy of the CCA from Lewis Debt Collection group, so I assume they have the power to collect the debt and I now have to pay up?