CCA letter question...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello

well i sent the letter M statute barred, its for a debt that is 17 years old credit card.

anyway got a letter from red Debt today saying i have failed to settle this debt, and this debt is not going away and ignoring it could make the your situation worse.

But i sent the letter M recorded delivery to them, and they signed for it,

hope some one can help me.

thanks

You have clearly stated your position as statute barred, so for now wait for RED next response, and if needed we'll send them something else.

Once you have informed them of this debts age it is up to them to PROVE it is collectable, they can request payment, but that's it. NO enforcement action is possible.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 months later...

hello, i dont know if any one can help me i have been reading through the thread, and was wondering if any one knew if it was worth me sending a CCA letter to C K Edrupt and co, i have been paying them £4 pcm for a provident loan that i had a couple of years ago, and wondered if i should try and wipe the debt by sending them this letter, it went to court and this is what the CCJ is for (£4pcm) and would it work on other companys like BT and 3 mobile and pipex etc?also how old does a debt have to be before it gets wiped if you dont pay it. and finaly, what kind of debts are the bailiffs allowed to come and take ur stuff for, i heard they can only take your stuff if you signed an agreement, but if you didn't they don't have a leg to stand on.