Lloyds tsb charges

bluetack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am helping my Son who is trying to reclaim his charges from Lloyds TSB.

I have written the first letter to Lloyds and they have sent a list of charges which totals £3,220.

The charges for unpaid d/d's and unpaid s/o totals only £1049

The rest of the charges are made up of:

o/draft usage fees

o/draft interest

o/draft excess fees

'unplanned' o/d fees

He qualifies under the hardship rules but I'm not sure which of the above he can claim for. It seems unfair if he cannot claim all the interst and other fees back as the overdraft wouldn't exist if they hadn't been charged in the first place!

Does anyone know which charges I put onto the 'Bank charges Interest calculation' sheet??

Many thanks in advance.

Blue xx

Help please?

Ok. excess overdraft fees is a yes

unplanned overdraft fees are a yes.

If your son is claiming hardship then he needs to claim back to July 2001 as per the waiver.

He needs to have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities). Does he have those?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks for responding yourbank, no he doesn't have the things you've listed but he was made redundant and does have more than £500 charges in one year.

He isn't gonna get much success on Financial hardship unfortunately since the £500 is defined as merely an "indication of financial hardship". If he is redundant then he should start the process off and take it to court using an N1 form plus an EX150 which should exempt him from fees. I am sure others can advise later on with regards to the other charges you have flagged up.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf