will they send a cheque ?

lau555
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am abit confused with the point about sending you a cheque or putting into your account. i thought we could "tell them" where and how to pay our monie back!!! also the amount they say you owe them includes these unlawful charges, of cousre if you have used the card to pay for whatever you owe them the money. but if they pay it onto your card account, and you draw the money out on the card you will be charged interest on the amount- am i wrong, your current balance includes their unlawful charges- so the balance isnt correct- unless your balance is "reset" to just things you have paid for with the card. but i will be telling cap one to send me a cheque or pay it into my current account, unless i'm told i cant demand that from the mods on this site. just a thought guys. cheers LES.

The simple answer is that they will always want to pay the money into the account, that is if the account is still open.

So, if you owe them money on a credit card or overdraft, then they will try and deduct the amount they owe you from the amount you owe them.

In the case of credit cards, if your refund is more than your credit limit, or outstanding balance, then they will clear the account and send you a cheque for the difference.

HOWEVER, you can stipulate exactly how you want to receive your money. This is totally up to you, so don't let them bully you into accepting a deduction of an outstanding balance.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Adam