Cupcakes Vs Mbna You

cupcake68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Vint

I'm sure I sent them that one last summer(!!).

I will send Experto a polite letter explaining the situation to them next week.

Thanks for the advice

Cupcake

Be blunt with them.

"This account has been the subject of serious lawful dispute with MBNA, the details of which are of no concern to you. This account was additionally unlawfully rescinded by MBNA on xxxxxxxxxxxxx, which precluded the sale of the alleged debt to third parties such as yourselves."

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

I have been a little off the ball lately with "life" taking over from the financial mess we are in!

The last letter I sent with regard to this account was this....

I n response to your many letters received I am assuming when purchasing such accounts you must not also purchase the details on file.

If you did you would have seen the reason for the account being put into dispute in April 2009. You would also have seen the fact that MBNA issued a defective Default Notice. Therefore MBNA had no right to sell the account on to you and you cannot lawfully collect this debt

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

in May 2010

First of all the wrote back saying it had been referred back to MBNA then they were "advised that they received a request for a copy application and terms and conditions in April 2009 which they supplied. We understand that no further communication has been received between yourself and MBNA".

I did not get round to SAR ing them (so assume I should be doing so now?)

I have had several letters since from CMC and then one from HL Legal solicitors then another at the beginning of July from IND it linked two MBNA accounts I have. One that was actually Alliance and Leicester and this one. It did say LAST LETTER BEFORE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS (but I have had many of these now!!) I needed to pay the full amount on both accounts!!

Today I have received one court claim from Varde for the two accounts.

I'm off the ball a bit these days. I know a lot changed with the whole default notice issue some time back and I'm not really sure any more where we stand!!

The link to my thread for the other account is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?198121-cupcake68-Vs-A-amp-L

Any advice would be great.

I am fairly new to the whole court process but I do know I have to send my acknowledgement of service back within 14 days.

Thank you

Cupcake

Me again!

Just found a little note in my file!!

Experto filed a default on my credit file on 30/10/09 Their letter of assignment was dated 07/12/09 and the default I received from MBNA was dated09/11/09 stating I had to pay by 26/11/09!

Seems a bit smelly to me!

I think I should SAR them immediately (didn't do it for some reason before!!) and see what it brings up!

Am I missing anything?

Cupcake

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get confused between a credit default being file with the CRAs and a legal Defailt Notice. The two are completely separate. In fact, a CRA default can be filed very easily as soon as you breach payment terms with just one letter that they intend to do so. Rather alarming when you consider the damage they will do to your credit rating (with very little chance of redress).

If you haven't yet written to the claimant's solicitors with a CPR request to disclose the agreement, deed of assignment, default notice and letter before action, do so NOW before time runs out.

I'm in a similar situation and just on day 8 of my 7 day request for disclosure. Will be phoning claimant's solicitors to see where they stand and if they really want to proceed. I'm quite certain that they produce a mountain of these claims and get defaiult judgement simply because people are overwhelmed by the whole court thing. I bet a lot of defendants don't even file acknowledgment of service, let alone a defence.

Thanks BB

I understand what you are saying but am I not right in thinking if Experto issued a default on my credit file before MBNA had even sent me a DN then it would appear they had actually already sold the debt? I can't imagine Experto would spend time marking peoples credit file with defaults if they didn't own the debt?

We'll see what the CPR and SAR requests highlight!

Cupcake

Ps good luck with your case do you have a thread?

Sorry, didn't look at the dates closely enough. Will have to take a look at my credit file again to see how mine stack up. They also have a double default on mine - one for MBNA and one for Varde - definitely against the rules.

Yes - see thread BlueBox vs Varde.

• 1 year later...