1 bounced loan payment to Natwest and it's all gone wrong?!

Novalee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

15th of last month, my loan payment bounced (due to bank holiday pushing payday back (I didn't realise)). I went in and asked them about it, and what to do. They said it doesn't matter - I would be charged for unpaid item, but my loan would just be pushed back one month. Nothing else would happen.

Only the 12th of this month, they took out my loan repayment, + £10. Then on the 15th they took out my loan repayment. (I only found this out today when I checked my balance and saw the state of it - so I had to use Pc on my break at work to check what's going on!) So basically they took out last months payment as well! This has put me £300 over my overdraft allowance. So I'll have to pay for that as well. As well as having no money for food or anything else until payday. I've no internet access yet, as we have just moved house (and still haven't had the deposit back from the old house!) and BT are taking forever to install our line and I usually manage my accounts online. Everything is going wrong at once and it's costing me a fortune!

Can they do this? I'm so angry because I was assured in branch that they wouldn't be doing this - or anything like this!

I can't wait to pay it off altogether then change banks :(

15th of last month, my loan payment bounced (due to bank holiday pushing payday back (I didn't realise)). I went in and asked them about it, and what to do. They said it doesn't matter - I would be charged for unpaid item, but my loan would just be pushed back one month. Nothing else would happen.

Only the 12th of this month, they took out my loan repayment, + £10. Then on the 15th they took out my loan repayment. (I only found this out today when I checked my balance and saw the state of it - so I had to use Pc on my break at work to check what's going on!) So basically they took out last months payment as well! This has put me £300 over my overdraft allowance. So I'll have to pay for that as well. As well as having no money for food or anything else until payday. I've no internet access yet, as we have just moved house (and still haven't had the deposit back from the old house!) and BT are taking forever to install our line and I usually manage my accounts online. Everything is going wrong at once and it's costing me a fortune!

Can they do this? I'm so angry because I was assured in branch that they wouldn't be doing this - or anything like this!

I can't wait to pay it off altogether then change banks :(

Go into the branch and tell them that you were not aware that two payments would go out of the account the following month and that there are extenuating circumstances, ask that they temporarily increase the overdraft limit until the deposit from the previous house arrives. Any charges have to be refunded since had you known, you would have made provision or would have at least borrowed money to cover the amount owed.

It is very poor advice by the member of staff. Completely wrong and not even a mention of you speaking to the lending department about it. I think its bank error and I think that the bank have to refund bank charges based on that.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf